Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Newest finds

A buddy of mine in Conroe let me dig on his land last week. Only dug for about two hours. Found dozens of pieces of chips and pottery along with three points. The first two are mine, the nice one is my buddy's.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Re: Newest finds

Thats GOOD. Just finding a camp area in that part of the world is a big deal. Pottery ??....Did you say pottery ?.......

Between my hunting buddy and I, we've probably found a few hundred pieces of pottery in Conroe.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Hi there! Nice finds. I live in Houston and have been looking for some places to go around here. If you are interested, I have a number of places to go in central TX if you want to do some trading.

Much smaller scraps of hard clay like you are showing are considered more rare than Corner tangs in Centx. As humble as they may be nice going.

The time frame of pottery also runs parallel with some types of metal goods...Big Metal detector site candidate ?

I didn't think about that. I'll give it a pass with the detector.

wow.... those pottery pieces are awesome, and confirm what i'm finding!.... i found several pieces just like the small ones.... i knew it was not a rock. per-say... it had that hard kenneled clay look. just what your showing. I also found a piece the size of your palm this weekend, with another half as big..i didn't take pics, but did keep the pieces because it was just a different material, but this confirms it was possibly pottery. I'll get some pictures soon, and see if I'm somewhat right~

cool finds man!!! love the birds!

chris

Chris J
I didn't think about that. I'll give it a pass with the detector.

Chris, I got to thinking about your detecting possibilities..
Your pottery finds are far enough into East TX that its possibly the edge of the Caddo cultute...Google " CADDO CULTURE COPPER ",,,,,,,,They have found natural copper beads in some excavations. A deeper look into the info hints that the Caddo's might have been related to the Cahokian Mississippians.

Googled " CAHOKIA CULTURE COPPER" Archaeologists are proud of the find of a true copper smelter dated to 800 AD.

Colonist litter might be found anywhere

I took my own advice and ran over Barefoots' site, just the good finds shown, not the wire, staples and brass caseings...

Photobucket

Somebody bury their custom made wiggle pick at digfest ?..

Photobucket

A real artifact

Photobucket