Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Sunday's finds...

Spent the weekend at the ranch with the family and some friends... here's what we found.

few scrappers... these are on the small side of what we usually find. notice the serrated edge on the small thumbnail scraper, upper left!

couple of early triangles a broke, and not sure what the orange one is.... correct me if i'm wrong

some fossil rocks..... gastropods i think... i forget the name and spelling..

and last.. this is a picture of our upper deck... the long row is all petrified wood that hasn't been cleaned or put up... the back row are more mano's and tools again, that haven't been put up.

and last.... the weekend before last.. these were the scrapers picked up

thanks for looking!.... scrapers are a plenty!

chris

Re: Sunday's finds...

bump - can anyone classify the orange arrowhead... the base has been broke off.... and anyone know if i was right with the name of those fossils.... and if so..what does that indicate.. ... so at one time.. there must of been a river or ocean there.

fun to think... at least..

Collectively, thats alot of artifacts on the surface, maybe some of those scrapers could be cores, the remains of bigger pieces that were used for other tools. No guestimate on the points !

Even the larger pieces of fossils could have been brought "home" by the ancients as something of interest.
That piece of intense red fossilised material must tell an interesting story. The matrix is essentially red ochre, an iron mineralised clay. I have seen a clean outcrop area of this material only two feet thick down around Lake Amistad. Pieces can be found in small quanity in the creeks right in the heart of Austin TX. A volcanic flow ?

wild...thanks for the reply!.. I'll try and get that pottery up!.. i think I'll be out at the ranch this weekend. Hopefully pick up a few more. And your right.. a lot of surface finds'!....everything i own was from the top!....parents wont let me tear the place up, so that's what I'm stuck with!.. but still fun never the less....piece here.. piece there... really keeps you coming back!

thanks!