Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Chrisner's South Perd Site.

The South Perd Site tested yesterday! I dug 7 hours with a swing pick, and found 8 points. The best layer is about 3 feet down with a camp line running about 15 inches thick. It looks like the camp will go all the way to the shelter rocks. I have been told that someone earlier found a large high quality Angostura point out of the bottom. If anyone knows who this person is, I would love to see that point.

Re: Chrisner's South Perd Site.

Very good and Identifying the "camp line" is a really good situation. If you do a hard copy of these finds it can be displayed on the sign in garage wall of memories...Left side is recent finds

Here's that nice Angus. That camp has been a producer at times. Congrats on your finds. Nice stuff.

Photobucket

WHAT..

You mean the Idahoe find is where your digging ????

I was there just last weekend and all I found was potato peels

I miss bat boy.

I wonder if he's still hunting bin laden, in the caves of afghanistan

Idahoe, thank you for showing me the photo of the Angostura you found. Sometime back in the summer of 2000 out in the flats in front of the existing shelter there were 3 Angosturas found all of them 4 inches and over, along with an Angostura drill I believe was nearly 5 inches long. I look for more of these big Angosturas to come out as we dig toward the buried shelter rocks at the south perd site. I hope I'm lucky enough to find a big Angostura for myself this time. Here is a picture of one them found in year 2000, the top row on the right.

Thats a very nice board John. We visited the place where you dug all those points south of the shelter. Barefoot really dug a nice hole out of the bank. We did not do as well as you but pulled out a doozy. I have no idea what it is. I plan on going back real soon.

Photobucket

Heres the nicest angostura that I beleave has come out of there. it is 5.75" ground half way up and beveled with patination. rock cortex on the bottom. It was found by Mickey Woolsey in about 99.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Wow Idahoe that is a crazy point!!! I like the nontypical/exotic stuff because you don't see it as often

What an Angostura, what a small valley for 9000 years of artifacts....and STILL finding more.

If you would like to drop that off at my place for a while I will certainly take good care of it. Very cool artifact. Thanks for posting it.