Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
REMARKABLE FIND, GOLD MANO

The Mano king has outdone himself this time. 6/12,Idahoe found yet another complete MANO ( grinding stone ) immediatly evident as being made out of pure quartz. After cleaning off the dirt both the grinding surfaces were smooth as glass from grinding use and it is "pecked" all the way round to fit the cooks hand.

THEN comes time to admire the beautiful "BANDING"...well the banding is actually veins of MAGNETITE ...

In geology classes, two things are needed for GOLD to occur ....QUARTZ and MAGNETITE....
There could be / should be minute traces of gold within......a fitting item for a Mano king !

Photobucket

Magnetite is IRON.....The whole family must have been toothless at age 10

Re: REMARKABLE FIND, GOLD MANO

nice!!!!!!

Sweet Mano. I found a real nice one last week as well. But I might have to challenge the Mano king declaration. Leonard has a boat load of sandstone manos. I bet they wore their teeth down also with lots of sandy grit in the acorn bread.

Travis McGaughey
Sweet Mano. I found a real nice one last week as well. But I might have to challenge the Mano king declaration. Leonard has a boat load of sandstone manos. I bet they wore their teeth down also with lots of sandy grit in the acorn bread.

Your right, that North TX sandstone must be the worst, can almost hear the Medicine man dentist saying " Never mind the flossing, stay away from Mom's bread "
The only thing the Kings' latest find would produce is just a touch of Gold fever

Incidentally Ida, can YOUR Mano do THIS ..?.....

Photobucket

Wonder what state he's in? Cant tell from the accent in his voice