Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FAKE POINT PLANTERS.........BEWARE

Putting a fake artifact in somebodys' screening table can backfire...Look out...

I put a gorgeous plastic Frio reproduction into the screen dirt of a well known flint luminary ( who will remain anonymous )
Even though it was about a 3/8ths mesh screen.....HE DIDN'T FIND it

I wound up on hands & knees going through the "sifted" dirt around his table to the peals of laughter from the entire assemblage ......VERY EMBARESSING .
I never did find it ( it had been trompled into the ground )...here's what it looked like before planting.

Photobucket

Next time I'll try a 6 inch bird point on that screener

Re: FAKE POINT PLANTERS.........BEWARE

Eeeesy there lunker, Just a harmless joke gone astray. No harm to dig site unless someone is sifting thru throw dirt again. I personally (to my surprise)have found numbered points at Shoepeg, of all places, won't name names but hasn't kept people from going there. My wife has been diggin twice, I threw a newly found point on her side of the table just to get her excited to keep going, but it also fell thru the screen. Guess I should have kept it or used a larger point. PS I am an astronaut

SH idont see how that point could have gone thru those screens so 1 of 2 things happened 1 you friend was just pushing dirt off the table or more than likely he knows you better than you think ,found it and said i will just show that SH stuck it in his pocket and is going to ask you to autograph it later. if not i hope i find it and you can autograph it for me i would put it in a special frame all by itself

Perhaps that plant will make it to Digfest... Hmmmmm

Re: PEOPLE LIVING IN GLASS TEPEES SHOULD NOT THROW MANOS

This post brought forward 7-12-12 in reference to not finding points in dugout dirt.