Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Favorite Finds. Diggin Texas. Yahooo !

Hal took me diggin Christners this weekend. He found some points, I suffered heat prostration. Man oh Man. Now that summer is here I will start diggin at night. Idaho boys get with it. Hal had a new undig midden to explore but.. It was all rock and no points. I am trying out a new high resolution camera as flint is hard to photograph. I am still working with it. Trying to keep from shaking at its sensitive. Different backrounds.. I have pictured some great finds from TJ Jennings, Nachos, Lampasas, Junction and East Texas dig finds. I hope you enjoy them. By the way, all points are authentic except the Golden Mano. I painted it ! It will be a Digfest Prize. Who Gets it?

The big Tang !

Photobucket

Very early Triangle.Beveled and choice!

Photobucket
More goodies. Ouicita, Caracara Pogo

Photobucket

Castro, Uvalde and Martindale

Photobucket

This is a fablous East Texas Delhi Caddo Point.
Photobucket

A super Hoxie ! Ground, Beveled, serrated and a G-10

Photobucket

This Morhiss exhibits super flaking.

Photobucket

Zella Lancelot. Never seen one like it. Lampasas find.

Photobucket

Bell Point. TJ Jennings.

Photobucket

Split-Tail Ensor. Nachos !

Photobucket

My favorite Langtry. Ultra Thin.

Photobucket

Zepher/Fairland. Hard to tell. HD at work.

Photobucket

Stemmed darl.

Photobucket

Awesome Perd.

Photobucket

Angostura. Chrisnters.

Photobucket

The Golden Mano in HD !

Photobucket

Re: Favorite Finds. Diggin Texas. Yahooo !

Now that makes all that dirt, heat, and long days worth the effort. Even a day screening with no finds is better then sitting at home. Just to get out and enjoy new company and have fun is worth every minute of slinging dirt. Good show there Idahoe.

Thanks, Ken. I have had a lot of good times diggin Texas. Many times I worked all day without so much a a piece of flint (ask Hal) but at the end of the day its the good friends that count. And a special thanks to the folks that work hard to provide screen digs and allow the diggers on their land. I look forward to diggin with you and Bettie. Cheers !

All beautiful examples of their type, good show covers it nicely. We apreciate the time & effort it took you to upload, download & sideload all those pics.

I would say your new camera and techniques so far are very good. I made a serious attempt at some home camera work, like about 18 inches away. I made a PVC pipe "scaffold" to hold the camera.

As good ( terrific ) as digital cameras are, I discovered a few "flaws" when getting into very critical flint pics....
The many facets of knapped flint reflects lighting in strange, bad ways. Once it is decided what light a given camera likes, Flourecent, incandescent, sunlight, diffused natural...Then the BACKROUND color is a serious factor....it seems that no matter what the tone of the flint may be, the metering system is governed by the majority of what it sees.
I wanted a shot of all my bird points on a yellow felt field.....I still dont have it. The entire yellow is a discusting tan and the flint color

So again, good show

Photobucket

This is BETTER than some of my experiments....

Photobucket

And this is TERRIBLE

congrats on all of those beautifull finds. the golden mono,i was looking at 1 night and was trying to figure out a way to further the joke and clicked on the pic to see if i could get a bigger pic on screen to take a pic. so i could tweak it and it took me to your photo bucket so i copied it to mine and tweaked it from there to make the titanium one. i hope you didnt mind.while i was there i saw that killer c tang and was hoping you would post it.by the way my brother would probably run you a foot race for that zella,awsome.[[Hyper]

Accesss to that Brushy Creek hand-dig site. Been waiting for some news.