Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
rare coke county find

how this quartz crystal got to where i fond itis anybody's guess.PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Re: rare coke county find

Pat. That Quartz was brought in by a traveling salesman. Likely a guy from Idaho looking to make a quick Texas buck !

well im glad it fell out of his pocket into mine

Cool find Pat!

Nice Geofact. That could be a good "before" example for a display of "before and after" mano construction.

Classic beryl- cousin to emerald/aquamarine,

WOW?? dr rock,thats good right? what would you say would be a good reference book so i could do some research on it.HELP!

I recommend any one of the pocket style rocks, gems and mineral books. The german authors are usually the best. I have seen some of those crystals six feet long!

thankyou, ive been trying to look on line but are showing mostly cut gems.

newbie question - i see quartz all over the place here in willco. is it not common there? - even more - huge rocks of this in the parks on north side of lake travis.

was it used as a currency or a tool?

thx
D

This is completely out of hand....Where's it all going to end

The Doctors' right, that Mano to be is a gem stone. As to your original quest " where did this come from "
I Googled "BERYL IN TEXAS" best answer was the lower storage floor, University of TX at Austin !
California and Australia are on the list. It's found in Granite, got any of that showing in your find area?

Emerald, Ruby and diamond Monos.....

DuncanH
newbie question - i see quartz all over the place here in willco. is it not common there? - even more - huge rocks of this in the parks on north side of lake travis.

was it used as a currency or a tool?

thx
D

Every grain of mineral found along the Colorado drainage that is not Limestone came from the Llano uplift and is heading for the Gulf of Mexico.

The very BEST manos found in a wide swath of the colorado are made out of Granite and the occasional pure Quartz. Surely the best pieces of natural rock was used as a trade item by the tribes living right on the river.

SH
This is completely out of hand....Where's it all going to end

The Doctors' right, that Mano to be is a gem stone. As to your original quest " where did this come from "
I Googled "BERYL IN TEXAS" best answer was the lower storage floor, University of TX at Austin !
California and Australia are on the list. It's found in Granite, got any of that showing in your find area?

Emerald, Ruby and diamond Monos.....
hal
i really don't know how it got there, but i was hunting flint that day and wandered away from the three fiends i was hunting with, when i finally caught up with them to head home and show, it was the envy of the day. i dont know if you noticed but its still stained with the red dirt of that area. buy the way i cant believe you havent commented about that 5 @ 1/8th in peder in the first photo at the base of the crystal.

WOW . . . . My only excuse is depending on the angle of the viewing screen it can completely disappear.....Even with your big hint, I was looking & looking at the gem base!!!! what the hell is he refering to