Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Nachos Dig Report, last at the church?

Hi everyone, I was in TX from June 4 to June 13, took my son Chris, son-in-law Craig to Nachos chalk bluff digsite on Thursday, June 10th. I had been there for 4 hours on March 18th, after the site had first opened & man had they moved the dirt ther since then! The site is in NW Uvalde county, along a church shelter building & it looked 98% dugout & backfilled when we arrived that morning. I am thinking that our group were tha last to dig here at the church site. There was still 2 trees that had a couple 10-15 foot wide strips that had not been dug, that was our virgin dirt, so we started at 8am & the word starting was slow, real slow. Some family & friends found a few points by 10 am, but I hadnt found much by then & was wondering if I would? Then with another load or two on our table, I soon uncovered the best Frio point I had ever found, a G-7/8 needle tipped frio with the full legs, this was better! My son-in-law Craig, had never found a arrowhead in his life & by the end of the day he had a decent full langtry, a full arrowpoint (you guys key it out), 2 broken small points & other pieces, so he was happy. My son Chris had not as good a day, finding 1 full small arrowpoint, a thin full triangle arrowpoint & pieces. I ended with the G8 2 3/8" Frio, a decent serrated perdiz, a small edwards & 2 other small arrowpoints & a crude friday blade. Friends Earl & son Seth Ray were on another table & Earl scored a killer flared out sabinal arrowpoint, a real nice sharp arrowpoint of some kind, a full nolan, Seth got a mostly full frio & other pieces. Here the photo of what we found that day. My cousin Brad Stiles & his girlfriend Charlotte screened that day, Brad didnt find much the whole day, which is rare for him, Charlotte found a arrowpoint that had a knocked-off ear by the loader, otherwise it woudla been a killer find. John F.

The points were found in this photo as follows: Top Row, my son Chris Fraser, Middle row, my son-in-law, Craig Scott, Bottom Left, my points, the nice Frio, Perdiz, etc., Bottom Right, Earl & Seth Ray, look at that Sabinal.

Photobucket

Heres a close up of my finds that day:
Photobucket

Re: Nachos Dig Report, last at the church?

Excellent report. If you weren't the last party at that site then surely the next to last. As you note, thats a huge amount of dirt moved, that whole ridge to a depth of 5 feet was pushed through a half inch screen. I think without running into that bird point zone the site might have been finished a couple of weeks earlier.
Thats neat to have family & friends together on such an outing.
The feet on your Frio look the same size as that find of the day that Mike found there on May 31st, just not as overall long.

It just takes one to make your day

Re: Nachos Dig Report, last at the church?

Hal, Thanks for the reply & I feel certain our group was either the last at this site or next to it. I sure can't complain, that 2 3/8" Frio is a G8 & is the best Frio I have yet found in TX. Earls Sabinal arrowpoint was a G9 with those sweeping wings & symetry. Am sure Nacho will open another site in the near future. At least everyone that attended found artifacts, though some were not full, but theres never a guarantee when one is digging the ground, you just just have to have faith & keep moving dirt...:) As my longtime friend Jeff Adams from San Antonio likes to kid me with this saying "Even a Blind Hog finds an Acorn now & then" LOL! Later, JF