Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
club / tool?

found this large rough knapped item
it's about 12-14 inches long and looks like it could have been used as a club like tool or am i just imagining things?

the thinner end felt like handle and thicker end had impact marks. sorry for bad iphone pics

"it's all in the mind you know"

Re: club / tool?

Anything was a tool if they had a use for it, like hammering in tent pegs, , , , ,
That obviously originated with a very large natural formation. Its tempting to think the guy was going to make some oversize knife , , , but, that first pic indicates there is a fair amount of cortex on it ( the white portion ). The best part is the interiors so maybe the guy didn't want to waste time on possibly inferior material.

One would think he could have gotten at least ONE bird point out of it

Re: club / tool?

makes sense and that's why i'm asking folks that know - anyway i left it where i found it - was too heavy to carry a few miles