Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hunting in Amarillo, TX

Does anyone know where to go arrowhead hunting around Amarillo, TX. I am wanting to start teaching my kids about them, but need a place to start. Any help would be thankful.

Gary

Re: Hunting in Amarillo, TX

Gary, Amarillo was tough to me, when I lived there for a year. I didn't find much. Ransom canyon south of town had some occupation. The draws along the canadian can pan out, if you can get permission from the ranchers. Also some of the fieldds with playas in them near Whitedeer and Pampa can put out. Good luck! Almost all Alibates there.

Like Michael said,It's hard and the ranchers are tight. We had a little luck along the edges of Caprock Canyon.Found a buffalo jump and found a lot of bones and broken points. It's hard to find a permanent camp in the panhandle.This is why we go dig down South when we can.Good people down there.

I never thought about haveing fewer permanent camps up there but I guess that makes since. I assume that on the plains the Indians were probably alot more nomadic since they were following the game along the few creeks and rivers that are up on the llano.

"Does anyone know where to go arrowhead hunting around Amarillo"

I see the Red River starts in the suburbs of Amarillo and the newest find from Gregory on the front page looks like a bacon Alibate, from the Red. Just walk the drainage til you reach Louisiana

Gary email me at zapperpoint@yahoo.com I couldn't get your email to open.T