Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
question for hal

i was looking through the archived posts at the bottom of the home page when i noticed a certain set of nifty calipers you used for some time to measure points and give a really good sense of scale in your shots. where can i pick up a pair suitable for measuring my finds, and how much will they set me back?
oh, and how big do they come? id like some around six inches for those big ole kendalia castrovilles lol

Re: question for hal

Harbor Freight tools, about $ 3. in plastic. They also sell a more serious model in stainless steel about $ 6.

They also sell a 12 foot tape measure designed especially for diggers to measure both finds and depth of holes.

alright that sounds good, thanks a million

HARBORFREIGHT.COM . . ITEM # 7914

I thought those calipers were just for Fossils and Artifacts....Seems they can actually be used for a multitude of things that need acurate measureing.
I checked out the average size of some Texas wild grapes

Photobucket

Caution: some things are delicate and need gentle measuring....

Photobucket