Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Galveston Points

Hey All,
I will be in Galveston for a week in Aug for Vacation and wondering if anybody has any tips on where i could take the youngerns surface hunting?

Re: Galveston Points

None in Galveston. Some on Boliver Island if you get that way.

Re: Galveston Points of interest

Bolivar is good, plus everybody likes a ferry ride. Surf edge walking always seems like the zone to find fresh washed up anything but these days there must be hundreds of people doing that walk looking for tar.

Real serious artifact finds will be inland some. I once read where ANY high ground was a camp possibility.

Here's some interesting research info, , , , Google :
" GALVESTON INDIAN ARTIFACTS "

Re: Galveston Points of interest

If you can get to the other side of High Island..lots of walking at water line and high tide line..you have the possibility of finding mammoth,camel,deer etc. fossils along with arrowheads,possible paleo also this area has different types of shells