Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Nice Frame of central Texas Stones

recent frame

Took me a while to figure out this postin business.
I got a few rocks I aint sure what they are. I can send some close ups.

Re: Nice Frame of central Texas Stones

i really like that dark colored zorra @ the top of the frame. nice frame.

Good for us that you figured out the posting, thats a really nice collection.
Identifying each point is part of the interest...You've got some points with 5000 years of history between them.

Thank You
These came from 8 different sites locally.
A few from the north and south San Gabrial rivers
A few from Sandy creek / crystal falls / cypress creek inlet.The big stuff except for the spade came off the Colorado last year when Travis was way down. I will try and group them from Location the next time my buddy lets me use his nice camera.

Hi Pat,

Here's a better look at the zorra. The ear is snapped off. When I looked at it under a good scope I can see a air pocket in the flint the knapper did not see. (caused the broke ear)one side of the point is complete but when he flipped it over to do the other side he broke the ear off and threw it in the fire. that's my best guess. Anyway do ya yhink the one behind it is a Big Sandy? It looks like a fish.
I'm kinda new at this 2 1/2 to 3 years now collecting.

Photobucket

Kris!!

Thanks for not giving up on figuring out how to post!! your doign a great job in the learning and I appreciate you taking the time to show us all your goodies!!

Thanks! Great Stuff!!!!!! Send / Email me a pic of one of your favorites for the front page when you geth the chance!

Thanks for hanging in there!
Michelle

kris
i dont believe that is a big sandy but i am not an expert at identifying artifacts but love to guess with the best.my best guess would be ensor possibly frio and maybe even martindale, like hal says its very difficult to identify with pics. i wish i could be more help.

Hi Michell,

My buddy and I are supposed to macro lens photo every decent piece I have this week, so I will send ya my faverite to your E-Mail soon.

Pat, Thanks for helping I.D. that point. Here's a better photo. I don't think it's a Martindale, one can only dream. Ensor looks closer to me, but it has that big sandy shape. Do you think the one below it is a blade? Lerma perhaps? or maybe an archaic knife?
Let me know what ya think.

Big Sandy ?

hey kris
once again it is very difficult to identify without being able to hold and scrutinize the artifact in question but if one end or the other has thinning strikes i would say you have a lerma. turner hester shows distribution of the lerma point in deep south texas and mexico though.lerma