Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
a few bird points i picked up today

Photobucket

Re: a few bird points i picked up today

That's a good haul. Looks like Starr's, Toyahs' and Scallorns. Good finds there.

Very impressive
What an unusual way for the original collector to keep his finds ! Was he really into bird points and just keep squirelling them away in the bottom of a drawer OR didn't like them at all and didn't want to display them with his "regular" larger points

Even your other post of broken ones is impressive.

Any clue how the guy got so many ?

Thanks Hal! This guy called me the other day, with a arrowhead collection that he inherited from his uncle, saying he was only selling because he was out of work and needed money. This collection was put together by his uncle in the 50's & 60's, these have been put away in the attic for the last 20 years, and they had the dust to prove it.
We both had a great distance to drive for our meeting, so i was trying to qualify the lead over the phone, but he knew absolutely nothing about arrowheads. He told me he had a couple of frames, and two cigar boxes, well the cigar boxes were full of those little cigar cases. I'm assuming that someone else in the family inherited the larger points from of his collection, for if he found this many birds, he had to of found some larger points as well? I've seen cigar boxes with partials at auction, but never have i seen so many complete like this in one lot.

RGS: These are almost all from NE Mexico ... Coa***la, out towards Torreon. Any more
info.?

TRH

Dr. Hester,
I tried to get as much info from the gentleman as i could, but he knew very little about his uncle's finds, about all he knew was that he traveled the state collecting. It's amazing the stuff that finds it's way back here to Houston. My offer to you still stands, that if you ever get over this way, to show you one of the finest collections in the state of Texas, that of Fred.