Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Fayette Co. 3 day vacation finds~ (pic heavy)

was able to get away this week (wed-fri), and spend 3 wonderful day's with the wife alone at the ranch!...a lot of fishing, eating, drinking.... and surface hunting....

here's what we got~....

oh and you'll see a beautiful root beer flint scraper, ..first one i found, as i opened the truck door, i looked down and a piece was surfaced.. the color caught my eye...and to my luck....first find!!!

so lets begin...

Row of them all.... you can see the some mano's on the ledge behind ...

MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

Just going down the row for a closer look...

MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

scraper, shell, and fossils...

MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

close up of shell and scraper

MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

Back side...

MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

ok and this is the last~.. sorry ... ..this was something i had lying around, not sure what it could be..thought i'd ask the pros~.... it looks broke on one end.. and concave on the other.. just and odd shaped.... if anyone could shed light.....

MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

chipped top
MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

beveled or chipped?

MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

and i just thought this was a cool find~

MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

Thanks for looking.....

chris

Re: Fayette Co. 3 day vacation finds~ (pic heavy)

and the road that the truck is on .. that's the road we've found 85% of all the points.. the tools are scattered...

ill try and find a pic of that road.. and area i hunt.... i think i have a few...

here is what i was waking up too..... every morning.... and i didn't get a pic of the painted bunting.. but he visited the bird feeder every morning..i know i have a pic too...I'll dig around..

the rig we roll in~

MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

this is one of 4 ..... this is the main pond...over 2.14 acres....biggest on the ranch~ this is the right side..

MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

left side from same place..

MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

and this is the end of the left side... little cove and that's a 200# stren fish feeder for my trophy bass mgt program~... i manage all lakes on the ranch for trophy bass... ranch record.. 9.4lbs....

thanks for looking!

chris

no even one guess on what that one point might of been?... just another scrapper?

anyone.... is this mic on?......check check....lol

chris

more than anything i think you have us all wanting to go fishing. you have a beautiful place there and i dont think there is enough to identify but definately worked on.

lol...right....its our own private retreat!...

yeah...... I'll just add it to the broke pile!

thanks for your try!... it was just an odd shape... i couldn't make it out ot be a point from the sides....

Great report, and neat real estate.

One thing about the "choppers" on the rail display, I'd say at least half ( or more ) are round nodules rather than cores left over from chipping flakes off. Thats the kind of "chipping" that look like you might do if you found a nodule and just clipped a few pieces off to see if it was worth going any farther.

That shell exterior impression is a fossil treasure. We already established that flint was originally some organic creature millions of yrs ago.....Like a giant sponge, well, when that sponge keeled over, he landed right on that unlucky clam on the sea floor !

The knock on the end of that one chopper does look like its been used to stike something.......but not very often .

Thats a neat pickup you use to get back and forth to the property with. Any trouble with high cross winds at Interstate speeds ?

Check those small "mano" stones in the backround for some evidence of "tapping". either for flint nodules clipping or smashing Pecan nuts.

Not to worry about few comebacks, you see the hit counter is very high and most people are just to speechless for words.

Tks for the effort, it's apreciated.

cool, thanks for your comments.... round nodules huh... yeah i could see that.....their cool either way, and very unique to me~...i like that each one is just a large serrade...back and forth on either side... opposite each other...

cool stuff... thanks again guys!.... now if i could only find all the tools these nodes made! if any~... i need to pose the pics of what i think to be thumbnail scrappers... again, they fit perfectly into the hand, and the side of the scrapper again, has a small serrade...... ..i'll see if i can find more pics...

fun stuff....

thanks!

LOVE the pictures Chris!!

I will get my croppy rig together JUST incase! heh

Thanks! The property looks beautiful also!

Keep looking Down!!!!!!!

Michelle

cool thanks guys!.. i'll keep them coming!...

have a nice week!.... easy diggin~