Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Concan area digs

We will be out around the concan area for a week vacation starting next Tuesday and my son wants to go looking for arrow heads. I posted on here once about the area and everyone said Nacho was pretty good out in the area. Does anyone know if the area is still producing. Anyone have any tips? This will be our first trip and first time to look for arrowheads. Thanks

Re: Concan area digs

Both Nacho and Roland just getting their new digs going this weekend so check for any posted finds just before you walk out the door Tuesday.
Concan is on the Frio and thats heavy ancient Indian country, anyplace you can legally get access to the river is prime surfacing.

Small backpacks are in order for surface walks, first to hold the drinking water,,,THEN, for the nice nodules of flint you will be finding. Also TONS of river tumbled flat limestone pebbles, quite a few with natural holes through them....PERFECT for making indian "painted rocks"

Garner museum is in Uvalde, I seem to remember Te reporting there was an arrowhead collection on display on the second floor.

Thanks for the info. What kind of tools or equipment would I need at Rolands?

Todd
Thanks for the info. What kind of tools or equipment would I need at Rolands?

Just to give it try, some gardening tools & tool box tools.....order of importance....

WATER
GLOVES
LG FLAT BLADE SCREW DRIVER
3 TINED FLOWER GARDEN RAKE
SHOVEL
tOILET PAPER TO WRAP DELICATE BIG MONTELL POINTS ( )

PS:
Most professional creek walkers & surfacers have a favorite " flint flicker " stick.
Golf clubs from a thrift store, cut off the heads

Where are their new dig sites going to be located?

PPS:

- TARP to rig sun shade

- More water

Photobucket

easttexasflint
Where are their new dig sites going to be located?

See NRA & Chalk reports ( later today ) ( much later )

Tracy found (dug) her first ever ancient American Indian artifact on their hill country vacation.

Photobucket

Some vacation 100*+ temps and mountains of dirt