Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New Camera

Hey Y'all,

Got this new camera well.... new to me, anyway, I'm gonna have test it's capabilities. I've added a few stones not seen before now, mostly brokes or beaters.
None the less a new Pict, and now I have close ups of everything I have. It's hard to ask questions if you can't see what I'm talking about. I'm a nosey feller so I will want to learn all I can about what I've already got. thanks for puttin up with my limited education in advance
Whole Collection 2010

Re: New Camera

I have uploaded over 300 images to Photo bucket (nice tool by the way) Here's what close up's look like. I'm learning about lighting and back grounds now.
Photobucket

kris
Hey Y'all,

Got this new camera well.... new to me, anyway, I'm gonna have test it's capabilities. I've added a few stones not seen before now, mostly brokes or beaters.
None the less a new Pict, and now I have close ups of everything I have. It's hard to ask questions if you can't see what I'm talking about. I'm a nosey feller so I will want to learn all I can about what I've already got. thanks for puttin up with my limited education in advance

hey kris
i want to know where you found that big blade center top.overstreet says from missouri to minnesota.so with that being said are you a texan.
it looks like a ross(ceremonial)the 1 in the book from kent co. mi.carry's quite the price tag.

Pat,

Wish I could claim that as one I found. It was pulled from S. San Gabrial rv. A long time ago by my wifes-X
and left for our daughters. I did find 90% of the collection I have in the past three years in Williamson and Travis counties. My wifes pieces, kids piece and the other 10% were traded for or purchased. I know the history and the digger for almost the entire collection. Picked me off on the native Texan thing though... I was born in Redwood city CA. but spent most of my life in the woods of Texas. I just started collecting rocks. My wife calls it my new passion If you want to see a close up of that blade or want access to my photo bucket page the whole thing is now well documented. I will be adding the found location and typing to pictures on photo bucket as close as I can anyway

What's the book say the blades worth ?

kris
i would say if that was found in texas on the s.san gabriel river you should send it to dwain rogers to get it authenticated asap.then i would put that little darlin in your safety deposit box asap.i have the 8th ed. overstreet it says woodland 2500 -1500 bp 9 and 3/4 in long worth $12,000 to $20,000+ (ceremonial blade) thers only 2 examples in my edition 1 in east central and 1 in north central that looks exactly like yours just a little longer.

Thats some nice " test subjects " for a new camera. Good show really applies here

Hey Pat,

This one is only 5 3/4 " X 2 1/4" So they may have used it to keep the cerimonies short and to the point. sorry I could'nt resist. Well looks looks the kids already got a down payment on property I was gonna sell em. I will check with Mr. Rogers for a COA. I got a plate I wanna show ya. Look for it in a new post called the first fine american dinnerware.

Thanks for the compliment Hal. I got some stuff I need help Id'ing. You sound like you know your point and tools pretty good too. I'll put up some new posts in a few. I was out yesterday. (new mound) just testing. looks promising
Photobucket

That last one sure a big un. I try to keep the point guestimating to a minimum cause the more unique the subject point, the more room for different opinions.