Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Sunday at 3Lakes......

nothing to much... only there for a few hours and about 6 beers! hah... did fish..ended up with about 13...a nd left the fillet's in the fridge there!!! grrrr.. was planning a fried fish dinner tonight~...scratch that...

on to the finds...

left.... another "node" or fist axe...i need to start taking pics of the other side so you can see the work ....middle... its a broke.. about an inch thick at the bottom, but worked nicely on both sides...and the last on the right.. wife found ...maybe an old paleo knife>?? hehe

here's another crappy pic...

Thanks for looking!

Re: Sunday at 3Lakes......

my own guess... paleo... only because of the kind of rock... i have others out of this same stone~..

thanks!... just a guess...

Here we go again
Te and I are in scientific conference about why the KKs ( Kerrville knives ) are so very localised in the hill country ? They are just made from flint nodules.
Your finding those same nodules all over your place with one end clipped off but no finer finishing. The heart of our "investigations " is for a really easy to make utilitarian tool, why didn't the technology spread ?

yeah luncker.... i "test fit" all those nodes/choppers/axes, thumbnail scrappers, and regular scrappers. I try see if it was something that could of been used.. and sometimes just by holding them you can tell...or i think i can...... id say about 90 percent have a perfect hand fit... id say half of those are baby butt smooth, as if being held and used... shoot.. some even have "finger" holes or impressions, and when holding it right you fingers fit like a glove in and over the top of the choppers... man i just love this site... i enjoy everything i learn here!

thanks guys!