Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Roland Finds from the Past 3 months

Well, since Roland is opening up a new spot I figured I would post some of the goodies that have come off his various spots. The wife and I are pretty amateur about this but boy do we love playing in the dirt.

These are all from fantastic Site 18. Whenever we were there, people would say something like “naaa, that sites tapped out” and my wife would pull out another point or little blade. Maybe it was tapped out for them but for us it was the spot that kept on giving!

Various tools from the site
Photobucket

Not really sure what this bad boy is, if its even a relic or not, but since we found it on the site we are going with relic…
Photobucket

Cool Masher/Grinder
Photobucket

Scrapers, flint nodes and choppers
Photobucket

Some of the goodies that we found
Photobucket

I forget what this tool is called…it was used for wood working I think..
Photobucket

Sweet little needle point that we pulled out of the sand a few nice blades….more than enough to keep us satisfied
Photobucket

Sweet chooper in the middle and above it a rootbeer blade of some sort…insanely sharp
Photobucket

These came off the famous church site on the pay dig with Nacho… when the wife pulled out that montell it was a "holy s#$#!" moment!
Photobucket

Re: Roland Finds from the Past 3 months

nice post...i really love the tools, nodes and scrapers... man i have a ton of these on my ranch~.... ..and you know.. just like you, anything that's on the site... that's weird or out of place, i pick up too!... like you have some long smooth tools in your first pic... and just like you .. i pick them up... i have a several like that as well.....

great post!...

chris

No true Indian camp is ever completely "dugout" , where people congregate for thousands of years, new artifacts will always be found ...No wonder the wife said " s#$#!"
thats a mighty fine Montell.
You do know that that point above the birdpoint is really OLD.

OLD is GOOD

Hey DFW guy! I was there when your wife found that Montell at Nachos! We were leaving and that made us regret doing so. I was on of the 4 guys that slept on the screens the night before. You also took us to #18 and was showing us how to hand dig in the middle of the night! How has your hunting been going?

Brad Sanders
Hey DFW guy! I was there when your wife found that Montell at Nachos! We were leaving and that made us regret doing so. I was on of the 4 guys that slept on the screens the night before. You also took us to #18 and was showing us how to hand dig in the middle of the night! How has your hunting been going?

Hand dig in the middle of the night? Na..that sounds sneaky and I wouldn't dare do something like that

I remember ya, things been good - you can see from the pics we have been able to hold our own lately. Was back out at Rolands this weekend will post our finds. 18 is all cleaned up...broke my heart since I still think there is a heck of a lot of camp left to dig there. Feel free to ping me - my username at hotmail.com