Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Last week and then This Morning !

Last week dig. New hole to me. Just Pick nikn.
Photobucket

Last Weeks Surface hunts sure was HOT
Photobucket
This mornings Surface hunt not sure what the point is but it's pretty.
Photobucket
I think that's a bone ax and Drill bit.
Anyway it started pouring down rain so i called it quits for the day.

Here's a better look at this morn surface find.
Photobucket

Re: Last week and then This Morning !

nice finds for surfacing and i love the greasy looking flints and any time you find a complete piece its a great day.
do you ever dig? the 1 in the top pic bottom rt. point looks like a montell. the complete point looks like a lange or a possible nolan.

Hey Pat,

Sure I dig, those top greasy flints came from 3 or 4 ft down in a new loc. ( I had never dug there before )
The picts under the top one are all surface. I prefer to dig but some times the sun won't let me dig for long. I can surface for hours before it's Miller time. I've only been collecting for a few years but I sure do enjoy it. When you pull a beauty out of the ground like I did yesterday and today. It makes your day! I wonder what the fella was thinkin that beat that stone out before Jesus walked the planet. He or she had a whole different set of worries than U or I. Puttin myself in that persons shoes or moccacins for a minute in the same place he or she was thousands of years ago got me hooked.

That one top pic bot rt is just the tip, but it does look like a Montell. I dug that up last week. I went back to the spot where I found that Nolan yesterday ( I believe it's a Nolan ) and found a pefect Perd 2 day. I'll post it in a new post called yesterday and today. In the summer I try and get out 2 to 3 times a week in the mornings.
I live in the Austin area so there are a lot camps about. Thanks for help on the id's.

Funny you mention how hot it is surfacing. One would think digging with more exercise is hotter but I also found temperature wise I prefer digging. Admittedly a big part of that could well be I always rig some shade vs walking in full sun. Dont underestimate full sun..

Photobucket

Badger outlined a point with solar power

Photobucket

( PS: not wild about the "Nolan" ID )