Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Pipe and point find from Oklahoma this summer.

I found this pipe in the side of a bank while creek walking! Couldn't concentrate for the rest of the hunt because I was so excited.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Notice the raised bird effigy on the sides...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Re: Pipe and point find from Oklahoma this summer.

Here is more...
Pho<br />
tobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

looks like you stayed plenty focussed to me.well done! dont know any thing about pipes but what is it made of and what time period do you think its from.once again good show.congrats on your many wonderfull finds.

Pipe is colonial style. white man trade item. Nice points, though. Good score!

so is it made of bone because it looks like its either made of bone or maybe antler.

Great Scott! Your right close to where I grew up if th emap shows where your hunting. Did you go eat a longhorn burger at Meers?

pat kinyon
so is it made of bone because it looks like its either made of bone or maybe antler.

I think it's clay. Bone is my second guess. I should point out that all these finds are some of my best from june and july.

travis mcgaughey
Great Scott! Your right close to where I grew up if th emap shows where your hunting. Did you go eat a longhorn burger at Meers?

I eat at Meers all the time! Best burger in the world, bar none! I used to live 5 miles from there til I moved back home. My grandma was raised at Meers and Medicne Park. Where did you grow up? I grew up in Fletcher. Yup, I'm a Wildcat.

He who carries a camera gets a life time of memories. Goo job recording your finds. Took me a couple of pics down to realise the effect running water had on the image. A well washed find is great.
The 4th pic of from the bottom...could that be a Paleo point ?
Trust Travis 1 to chime in, he's probably unhappy that he missed those finds in his youth !

SH
He who carries a camera gets a life time of memories. Goo job recording your finds. Took me a couple of pics down to realise the effect running water had on the image. A well washed find is great.
The 4th pic of from the bottom...could that be a Paleo point ?
Trust Travis 1 to chime in, he's probably unhappy that he missed those finds in his youth !

Yeah, the 4th from bottom is a Dalton. The scraper used to be a clovis

Now I'm REALLY impressed

Dalton is good BUT...a Clovis SCRAPER is gooder
I thought you were putting some extra value on that "broken" piece with the extra pictures...But now we can see it really has been worked to a scraper.

EXCELLENT

I'd make the trip to OK just for those two pieces