Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
AUGUST ONE AT NRA

Out to Rolands Sunday. Here's Badger modeling her latest tool kit addition...the CAMP CHAIR
And look who we see peeping out of a deep pit...SLIM LEE.

Photobucket

And here's Slim again...This view shows what has been the main focus of diggers including a good area straight back in the trees. Roland said he's going to have a loader clear out the throw dirt and open up a larger trench by next week.

Photobucket

Slim's dig buddy Janie is relatively new to digging and was a good sport about a "date " in the dirt

Photobucket

Here's Badger in the "Castroville hole" with an over the shoulder Perd find .. Note T-shirt sentiments, always prepared for a hot summer dig

Photobucket

NOW WHAT ?, Somebody find a turtle or a pretty beetle ??

Photobucket

Leapin Lizards..Tracy has found ( dug )her very first ever point.

Photobucket

It's a Frio ( with very slight toe damage to one foot )

Photobucket

A point in the hand

Photobucket

Here's a new seasonal modification to the "tool kit"( for elderly diggers )..No more eyeglasses case for found artifacts, a drink holder cup is more convienient

Photobucket

A favorite part of the diggers obligations...the "WASHING OF THE FLINT "

Photobucket

Alright, the camera doesn't lie, I'm holding up a river washed flint Nodule. We left the dig around noon, I got nothing to show ! ( this time )

Re: AUGUST ONE AT NRA

looks like a hot day of digging. at least there's a good place to cool down and wash off. wouldn't want to bring that indian dirt back to austin. cool frio. i got rained out in new mexico. 12 miles on dirt roads back in the mountain sure does make you nervous about getting stuck up there in a ditch when it rains... which is exactly what happened.

Dam Trav, a weather report is not what we were hopeing for from NM.....What about all the Clovis spear heads we hear so much about ? Are you sure you actually got out of the tourist discos ?

i was wondering why you were up at 2:15 am yesterday posting. i figured you were up to something, thats an awfull long drive for a half day? just goes to show the early bird gets the bird is an old wives tale.he gets a river rock better known as an indian sex stone. is this what the sky looked likePhotobucket

HEY! Go work the hole beside the deer feeder - to the left of the perd pit (its pretty dang well hidden).

Pulled a paddle drill out of that bad boy and tons and tons of flint and camp stone. It was burning me up on Saturday so I had to abandon it but I bet you will be able to pull something amazing (and I will kick myself for not staying put!)

Good luck yall, I will post our finds tonight once things get rinsed off.

So that was YOU, DFW DANG>>>
R said somebody had just found a nice drill "right over there", sweeping his hand around half an acre. When times were tough late in the morning I went looking but I dont remember even seeing the feeder....I would have worked that area had I known the right place.

Here's an accidental odd coincidence...run the pics again, 4th up from the bottom is Tracy, put the descriptive words right in the middle of the screen. ( "very slight toe damage to one foot")....well look at the pic above..Thats TJ's foot ....he was barefootin it

Pat you observant rascal, the post time analysis is correct, thats 3 minutes before I walked out the door.
AND YES...thats a long drive for a short dig. Without even a bunch of brokes to keep the enthusiasm high, the thought of that cool clear water yet to come just got the better of us. Were going back after the new trenching ( and I can find that Feeder hole )
Just out of curiosity, , , what has your posting of your Marijuana plant under a sunlamp have to do with the flint nodules