Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
help for 2

hello all
first im having a hard time believing this is a frio.PhotobucketPhotobucket
second i think this is a lerma but am not for sure, it does have a twist to it. PhotobucketPhotobucket
any help will be appreciated

Re: help for 2

Frio rework-Pandale. Thats my two cents. Very nice finds.

I posted some of my frames a while back and have two Frio's that have been re-sharpened down to where there's hardly any visible shoulders. That one of yours has the same characteristics. Good finds.

Pat, Looking for a ring like that.. Hook me up with one, size 10. JT

Looks Merrill to me. Is it beveled? Only context could say for sure. But they tend to look "frio-ish:, except for the "mickey mouse" ears. Usually found just under Angosturas in southwest texas.

michael walker
Looks Merrill to me. Is it beveled? Only context could say for sure. But they tend to look "frio-ish:, except for the "mickey mouse" ears. Usually found just under Angosturas in southwest texas.

thanks for your reply MR. Walker i needed that because i am a firm believer that our pay digs are not going deep enough they stop at that biege yellowish looking clay level before you hit that next color change before you hit that next sandy level before you hit the hard pan rock bottom. im talking about the camp wood bargsdale area i believe there is much more there. i also believe that the odd ball angostura plainview paleo pieces that are picked up on these places were picked up by the indians of the peder montell archaic people before we found them or possibly handed down from generation. i will pull that piece out tomorrow and give it a good once over because not only you but my brother Paul also said it could possibly be a merrill but theres not very much information out there right now about this point. thanks again i will stop rambling now.okay i forgot about the several different layers of washed in gravel.

Walker is Correct, it's a merrill, and I think that you are right on the Lerma.

thanks guys you really don't know how much i appreciate yall's comments.

What about a worked down Merrill for the mouse eared one

michael walker

I think I'll re-read the latest posts before I offer a scientific guesstimate in the pre dawn hours

michael walker

upon holding and fondling mickey mouse it is beveled lightly on one side of the face and the flaking is oblique parrallel very much like angostura with a very sturdy median ridge. on the other side it has a thinning stike almost half the length of the artifact and the parrallel flaking doesn't start until past the thinning strike where the ridge starts again the base is not ground. very sharp and sturdy.

JT
Pat, Looking for a ring like that.. Hook me up with one, size 10. JT

hey JT
shoot me an email and i will give you the details. had the ring custom made in san angelo.kinyonpat@yahoo.com