Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Rolands New Spot 7/31-8/1 Trip Report

So I have recovered from the weekend and wanted to report back on Rolands new spot.

Nessa of course walked away with the prize winner…AGAIN. That girl must have some sort of point mojo chant she shouts prior to every dig the way she pulls these things.

This is her arrowhead. It really is beautiful.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Here is my heart breaker drill. The wife can stop teasing me know…every slightly elongated piece of flint I ever found I called “pre-form drill” but I finally have my first ACTUAL Drill
Photobucket

Here is the adze tool I found. To me the tools are almost more interesting than points just because they make it even more real that someone thousands of years ago was creating tools to survive.
Photobucket

Finally, here is the “unfinished” Kerrville. It looks pretty **** finished to me, other than not having more flaking. Its got the duckbill for sure.
Photobucket

We pulled a bunch of brokens and oop’s also but I wont bore ya with those. Overall, other than the heat it was a great trip. Roland, like always, is the man and keeps us hunters in the flint. Can’t wait to head back down. My suggestion is from 2-4:30 jump in the river and cool off, it was amazing and helped refresh. Also...ice and beer. LOTS!

Re: Rolands New Spot 7/31-8/1 Trip Report

Your adze is actually a Guadalupe Gouge, outside of the normal range, cool find though.

Wow what serations, Good report and the mirror treatment is very effective.

Your drill is nice too

nate adams
i leave tomo morning to rolands and i cant wait!

Im sure you will kick some butt!

The plus side with this site is that its so dang sandy you can go barefoot..well at least i did! When you get down to that cool yellow sandy layer, taking off your boots and socks, its almost as good as jumping into the nueces.

you can go barefoot..well at least i did!

brave Lad, I would be concerned about getting a bad cut
from stepping on a 4 inch Montell

Happy to see Roland has some good stuff popping out. If I wasn't so **** old and can't get back up off my pray bones I'd be there with you guys. I'm with you Hal, Those razor sharp Montell's are deadly on bare feet. Keep em coming Roland and hope you have a great summer. AL.C