Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Nice Thin Kinney Knife 4.81"

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Been to busy this year to get out much.
Need a little help on ID.These came off of the Little River. I am calling the big blade a Kinney Knife and I am not sure what to call the other two.
They are from Milam County. The Kinney is 4.81", the Bifurcated one is 3.76", and the other one is 3.8".
Let me know what you think they are.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Think there was a stem on this one at one time?

Photobucket

Re: Nice Thin Kinney Knife 4.81"

Darl blade, Gower and Angostura

Lol I guess every hundreth of an inch counts right! I would call the blade a ghagan biface, I have a pic of one my dad found that is very similar, the bifurcated point a gower, and finally a nice angostura! All very nice stuff!

I'd agree on the Gower and Angostura but the first one isn't anything we have in south Tx. so I couldn't make a guess. Good finds though.

Hey Eric great finds!! What part of Milam county do you hunt? I hunt a great deal in Milam county myself. Maybe we could meet up one day.

Tehuacana
I'd agree on the Gower and Angostura but the first one isn't anything we have in south Tx. so I couldn't make a guess. Good finds though.

We have that "first one " in central Tx, call them Kinneys

Im both wowed and jealous at the same time!

Wowed because WOW, holy heck those are nice finds! Jealous because two weekends ago we hit the 77 bridge to try and crawl but the sides were too steep. Awesome finds and congrats for being able to hunt that river. Maybe in the fall when some of the over growth has died we will be able to hit it.

Thanks All,
I hunt East Milam cty,Williamson Cty, and Bell Cty.Mostly surface hunting.
Maybe we can get together and hunt sometime.Shoot me an email and we can work it out.
What part of Milam do you hunt?

I hunt the Lampasas river and little river. I like to take my kayak and go down the rivers hunting gravel bars.
We can get together and hunt. I do alot of my hunting during the week. I am a firefighter and work 24 hour shifts. We work 24 on and 48 off. So the days I am off always change.
Shoot me an email and maybe we can work something out. egwoods30@yahoo.com