Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A Dusty Day at Nacho's

It was a dusty day at Nacho's yesterday. Here's SH creating his own mini-dust storm.

Lots of good flint and finds came out of the site.
I'm not saying that Hal found a shell pendant and a Montell while slinging dirt. I'm sure if he did he'll post it when he gets back.
(Thanks for the wine, beer, and cheesecake Hal. )
Still, with all the dust, we did pretty good, as everybody else did out there. These are our finds.

Did find a Desmuke out there, way out of the normal range. And another Clear Fork. I must be the Clear Fork King. Starting on my second hundred of them. Flicker is the drill queen, she found all three of the drills yesterday.
One oddity though, I ended up with the base of a knife out of purple flint. Odd color for that area?

Re: A Dusty Day at Nacho's

I'm working on the formal report right now when your posting came through. I didn't want to keep everyone in suspense so I just posted that one informative preview pic.

Good job you actually got one pic of me at work, most people must figure I just show up at swimmie time

Actually I got two pictures but Roscoe came through about the time I took it and it's nothing but a gray screen. Flicker thought something was wrong with the camera till she saw some branches through the dust in the picture.

Great finds Ken. I like that in situ shot too.

great day
if you dont mind me asking what is the point on the screen in the last pic the one on the far left on the next to last pic.

I'm calling it a Perd. Thought the basal notching was a little different but other then that it has all the main characteristics of a Perd.
The one to the left of the coin in the second to last pic. was broken in ancient times and reworked into a scraper. A Flicker find.

Well you finally did it, a kerrville! Weren't we just talking about that void in your collection just a week or two ago? Congrats!

Next trip I'll talk to you about a c-tang. Mabbe that'll bring me luck. It was a surprise, next to last load of the day. Thought it was just another big flake till I pulled it out. That place must have been a chopper heaven. I think Hal said that was #6 from the site. Three by the land owners, two last weekend, and now mine. Wonder what the record is on a site?

Tehuacana
Next trip I'll talk to you about a c-tang. Mabbe that'll bring me luck. It was a surprise, next to last load of the day. Thought it was just another big flake till I pulled it out. That place must have been a chopper heaven. I think Hal said that was #6 from the site. Three by the land owners, two last weekend, and now mine. Wonder what the record is on a site?

For the record Te, your KK is # 6 just on the area Nacho tore up. The landowner claims he has found 15 in other areas of the property.

It aint over til it's over
"Next to the last bucket load" treasure is a great way to end a tough day......It only takes ONE to make your day...
I found a small complete Lanceolate on my last bucket. The down side of the last bucket finds is that the dozer might just be getting into a red hot spot that the NEXT screening team will find

pat kinyon
great day
if you dont mind me asking what is the point on the screen in the last pic the one on the far left on the next to last pic.

I wonder if this could be a relative of the elusive "Idahoe mystery point " That was found up the river at the church site and Lunker & Marc reported finding at the same site.
Admittedly Te's example has a longer, heavier notched base but the overall design and shoulders are very similar.
Look for Ida's mystery posting I am bringing up to date...

That base has thrown me off too. Mabbe another new point type? The Te Two? Or the Idahoe 1? No telling what new trophy's are going to come out of the site.

is it beveled like idaho's mystery point?

No, it's just straight edged, no beveling. I have one similar to it that I found here in Frio county surface hunting. A little wider but still the same shape. I posted it several months ago.

Tehuacana
No, it's just straight edged, no beveling. I have one similar to it that I found here in Frio county surface hunting. A little wider but still the same shape. I posted it several months ago.

if you don't mind i would like to see it compared to your folsum with shoulders you just found.

Clear Fork King, thats no matter