Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
NACH'S CHALK BLUFFS 8 / 14

Saturdays cast cast;;;;;L to R
Brandon, Christy, Michelle, Mike, Tehuacana, Dennise #1.Dennis #2. Flicker. Missing for the big moment ..
Dennise #3 & Jennifer ( had to leave early to get home ) Bridget ( off getting a cold one !)
Great picture taking Roscoe. . . . . .anybody see ME in the group

Photobucket

Locals stopping by to see what Roscoe has done to their favorite "grazing land "

Photobucket

Here's a pic of Te & Flicker early morn....

Photobucket

Same couple later in the day still sluggin

Photobucket

Not very big but ANY insitu looks good

Photobucket

Be it ever so humble, the original owner need to perforate something and modified a sloth killer hunting point...

Photobucket

This WAS my find of the day, a finely crafted Friday..

Photobucket

Until this out of context shell showed up..

Photobucket

After cleaning out a hole, it's PENDANT....MY new "find of the day "

Photobucket

Christy & Brandon at their appointed work station

Photobucket

Christy found a large COMPLETE MONTELL......So who snags it to take around and show all the gang and reap the glory.??.........Mr B

Photobucket

Re: NACH'S CHALK BLUFFS 8 / 14

LUNCH TIME;;

Dennis & Jennifer came up from Rockport on the coast. He brought a special show & tell....a HUGE Mammoth tooth he found on the coast....His hunting buddy has found a complete tusk measuring TWELVE FEET long ( that would be along the big curve )

Photobucket

FINALLY ....The setting up of the "look what I found" ceremonial table
Note well dusted dead indians in the foreground

Photobucket

Hard to get close and get it all in the frame....Really BIG day

Photobucket

Maybe a vertical view ! ( still cut some off )

Photobucket

THE OVERALL FIND OF THE DAY.... TeeRa Te Rah

Te's Duckbilled Kerrville knife...This is number 6 from this site since starting screening.

Photobucket

My now deposed, EX #1 find, "the pendant" If this is included in the jewelry ( Gorget ) category, This is the # 7 of the type since Nach started.

Photobucket

and NOW....My personal favorite time of the dig...
The WASHING of the flint
What beautiful colored flint lays just below this dirt encrusted Montell ??

Photobucket

It's a beautiful dirt colored flint

Photobucket

Can you say "cheeze" under water ?

Photobucket

How about the traditional underwater skyshot . . . .

Photobucket

Sorry, I had forgotten to include something for size reference...How about a FISH SCALE ..

Photobucket

Did you see how WHITE that girls legs are ??

Photobucket

Man, I love washing flint in the summer

That's a good show Hal. I knew we could depend on you to get all the pic's in sync. That was one of our best trips as far as finds. Looks like everybody got something good. Including a dust bath.

Great show Hal! And I like that Montell. Don't go finding all the points before I get there in October.

I think your pendant was the #1 find. That, unlike the Kerrville, was a personal item, mabbe from some long lost Chief. Mine was just a plain old food processing tool. Still won't trade though.

travis mcgaughey
Great show Hal! And I like that Montell. Don't go finding all the points before I get there in October.

Not to worry Trav, its a huge area just like the Barksdale layout. Unfortunatly all the Montell sections may have been gone through by then leaving just the stupid Andice families' area all thats left

Te, Very kind of you to say a pendant was really " the find of the day".......millions of red chinese wouldn't believe you
A broken CT WAS found on the first day of the present dig....another vegetarians' harvesting tool ?

Great find Hal! Man does it look dry and dusty out there, looks like brown baby powder!