Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Is it worth digging for arrowheads

I have a ranch that I just bought a few months back in blanco county and have found around thirty arrowheads and a few tools. All of these were found surface hunting, and mainly in one area on one of the hill tops. I am thinking maybe this was an old campsite or maybe because they are up on the hill they did not get buried over time. But it also seems there are a lot of chipped pieces of flint up there also. Would it be worth digging in this area? How deep do you guys find your artifacts? I am new to this.

Re: Is it worth digging for arrowheads

absolutley! any indian mounds on your area? if you can tell us if there are any mounds on the propety that will help.

same thing happen to me.. pick up a ranch.... and surface finds all over..... but i'm not about to take a dozer to my land for some points... i'll just keep surface hunting!...makes me keep coming back!

good luck homie!

Yea, I am reluctant to change the land too much. The area that I am finding the arrowheads had a bull dozer clear a potential home site. This was done just before I bought the ranch. I thought about digging in this area since it has already been scarred and I am not planning on digging a huge pit. Plus I can fill it in at any time. I don't think there are any mounds, but I still have some exploring to do as the property is a few hundred acres. My 3 year old son is convinced there are indians on the place.

lol... man i have a 7 yr old....and he thinks the same... we have a gamecame on a deer feeder.... well guess what showed up on it... some ghostly thing..lol.. kid and grandma swear its an Indian ghost... i'll see if i can get that pic and post it.. its from 2 weeks ago!..lol

good hunting!

chris

I would be happy to come down and do some scouting ha!

In all honesty though, if I had land or access to land and I had campsite evidence, I would absolutely dig some test holes and check it out. You can dig your land and not completely destroy the environment.

I was very hesitant in the beginning, but after digging it up(lot #18) and having Nacho and Rosco put all the dirt back and leveling it their fine work actually added to the value of that property. I think Hal actually took some images of the job well done. Also look for "orb's" in your nightime photo's. I'm yet to spend a single night camping on the other side of the river. I have seen those orb's in photo's.