Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
3Lakes Ranch - found something weird......

another weekend at the ranch!.... out fishing.... face down like usual.....rock hunting as i go....picked up a few things... but this one thing.. i'm not sure of...

Opinions appreciated...

The texture is how it looks.. solid... the brown nodes sticking off of it are rock hard... the brown is sad and dirt... i washed off some of it, just to expose some of the nodes, but never finished.. as it was 100+..grr.. Any guesses.... gourd?....who knows....

and this little point..any ideas?.. it has a nice knotch.... and the bottom is flat....

Thanks again for looking....

chris

Re: 3Lakes Ranch - found something weird......

Nothing "weird" about your top find. It's a COOKIE ..
See Sandy's posting, go back in the mssg bd, last posting AUG 3rd

I shall!.... thanks for your reply!!

chris

ok i read back over the whole post.....as the texture did look similar.... but what is a cookie?...what was it used for if anything?... and sandy's was mashed out like a plate..... maybe there were in the process of going that route with what i have... ... who knows... thanks again.. i'll try googling it.

chris

Chris
ok i read back over the whole post.....as the texture did look similar.... but what is a cookie?...what was it used for if anything?... and sandy's was mashed out like a plate..... maybe there were in the process of going that route with what i have... ... who knows... thanks again.. i'll try googling it.

chris

Chris...
"cookie" is a joke Yours & Sandy's item are similarly formed pure geology features. For instance if an ancient mud slide rolled over a piece of land that had depressions in it, the depressions filled and hardened over the millennia along with the base rock. No clear theory for the nodules, may have been gas bubbles that held different minerals or ?

awwww....cool... i was wondering when all i found were recipes....lol

Thanks again!

If the bottom of the point is flat, that's a good indicator that it's probably just a flake or chip.

Chris J

thanks chris...