Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
PROFESSIONAL ARCHEOLOGISTS AT CHRISNERS

I came on this group digging at Chrisners today....What a story....what a way to live !

Seems they are professional musicians with the group name of " ARCHEOLOGY" from Portland Oregon, playing a one night gig on Austin's 6th street tonight at the PARISH CLUB.
Jason & one other are Archaeology majors and this is what they do when not making music....

Photobucket

"tools" were very basic, not an 85 dollar wiggle pick among them So when I asked " did you find anything " I was about stunned when Jason said " just these "....

Photobucket

THREE COMPLETES !! First day, first time ever at Chrisners > > > > >

Photobucket

Here's the whole gang, roughly from L to R....

Spyder...Amis ( from Ok ).....Jason.....Dan.....Ben.....Megan

Photobucket

So there I am talking to the musical group when Jason comes up with ANOTHER FULL POINT !

Photobucket

I went to the vehicle for a drink and just as I got back, DAN had just found a beautifully made Clear fork Gauge !.... I was so surprised with these "new" people pulling fully worked points out that I forgot another pic!
Cant make it to 6th St tonight?? Dial in
MYSPACE.COM/ARCHEOLOGY [ if it doesn't pop up, try a FOREWARD SLASH ] to see the band at "work"

Amis ( sorry, I think I got the name a bit wrong )came down from Oklahoma just to dig at Chrisners..

Photobucket

I'm back in flabergast mode, these are his best 2 from yesterday...

Photobucket

Re: PROFESSIONAL ARCHEOLOGISTS AT CHRISNERS

Amis just came back from a bit of a surface walkabout and had these...I didn't find out till I put the camera away that he had more in the " other" pocket...

Photobucket

Here's a mini frame of Oklahoma bird points, very top quality with a Montell drill from TX that shared this case because it was so thin & delicate ..

Photobucket

So after taking pics of other people's finds I wanted to take advantage of a really brillient orange butterfly for flint scale........
All I could find was this stupid busted base...

Photobucket

If Indy was reviewing this posting, he would surely say of me............
" HE'S DIGGING IN THE WRONG PLACE "

Re: PROFESSIONAL ARCHEOLOGISTS AT CHRISNERS

. . . . .ALVIN

From Oklahoma, very sorry not to get your name right in the report, it wont happen again