Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
coryell county calendar stones

ok i really dont know exactly what these are but i found them a foot or so apart,what got my attention was that they have ground down edges like a arrowhead. i washed one off and seen lines all over it and then a week later came back and was telling my dad about it and found the rounded one. you cant really see it in the pics but the rounded one is covered in a checkerboard design

Re: coryell county calendar stones

That is really neat. You should try to draw them with all the lines so we can see them better. Why did you call them calender stones?

I would advise against washing any further. It is damaging the designs. I would kill to find one of those. Haven't been that lucky. Great finds!

Yea I washed them with just fingers and a water hose,there was a little damage from my shovel but I left as much patina as possible,and I called them calendar stones because I don't know what they are and that's what a friend called them.but I would like to know what they are.

Very unique. Excellent job just to recognise such discrete marks while digging.
If it was mine I would experiment with some more digital camera pics with better / different light sources to come up with a really good pic then make a big enlargement ( dead cheap at photo centers like Walgreens )

I'm impressed with how very even all the "checkering" is. thats a good artistic eye and a steady hand. My top most question would be ..." why so much detailed work on what appears to be insignificant small rocks ?"

Saturday Oct 16, flint show in Fredericksburg, many expert dealers to get comments from.

Including Mike

D. Diggler, did you find these in a creek or in a dig site or surface find? I live in Coryell County, so was wondering if I should be looking out for this kind of artifact on my property. I don't think I would have noticed something like this. Great finds!

Thanks Hal but that flint shows a little to far, I was thinking about taking them to Rogers see what he has to say, As to where I found them I was digging a camp next to a fresh water spring, about 2 1/2 feet down

D.diggler
Thanks Hal but that flint shows a little to far, I was thinking about taking them to Rogers see what he has to say, As to where I found them I was digging a camp next to a fresh water spring, about 2 1/2 feet down

Good deal, til you get his opinion of what they are, we'll just hold our breath

Very nice