Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
i feel very fortunate

every year i get the opportunity to hunt the first week of deer season on over 645,000 acres of land. 9 days in paradise. i have only had this opportunity for the last 2 years. the first year i spent hunting solely for deer.the next year my wife and i hunted for artifacts for a total of about 5 hrs during that 9 day period.Photobucket

this year is going to be a whole different story.my problem is where do you start. i need some help from the pro's.the best i can do is a topo map of the huge drainage system i have access to. the drainage system is the head waters of the middle concho river.take a look and any suggestions would be helpfull and very much appreciated. do i look on top or the bottom it's just so overwhelming. i guess what i'm really interested in is where would you find the paleo people they had to be somewhere on this system. Photobucket

can't wait till november.

Re: i feel very fortunate

michele/badger
i tried to email you and got a failure notice.will try again.i was also going to tell you where.

sorry it didn't work out

645,000 ACRES..... . til the pics come in, my advise is " dont get lost

Pat

Tell me if you want this deleted.. I have been at work all week, don't really check emails when I am working this much (Holiday comin!)

Tell me if you want this deleted.. I cannot EDIT it just like I cannot EDIT the classifieds. But I can delete it and you can try again

Got to use the "PREVIEW MESSAGE" ont he bottom to see if your picutres are loaded correctly before you "POST" messages .. thats what I do to make sure I get the code right!

Thanks!
Michelle

You are the lucky one. cannot wait to see you to show you those great finds from this past week end.

Big BT
You are the lucky one. cannot wait to see you to show you those great finds from this past week end.

hey big b.t.
do you plan on going to digfest.i was trying to organize my photo bucket last night and blew almost all of it.was working on how to overlay pics looped. have been in the state of high anxiety all day and have been afraid of seeing how bad.oh well back to the drawing board.
sorry everyone hours of uploading to do and don't have the energy. will be out of my funk in couple of days and will try to replace what i've lost.PhotobucketPhotobucket

laying in bed trying to put the pieces back together and got to doing a little math in my head and its 64,500+acres not a 1000 sections but a little over a 100.still overwhelming.

Presumably thats the recent finds BT refers to, at least the brokes keep you awake. Is that one of those Ensor preforms we see right in the middle

So thats the map you are asking readers to tell you where to look exclusively for Paleo points

I make it to be 2,808,820,000 square feet Thats enough to put ANYONE into a funk ! three suggestions occur to me considering the very limited time you will have ;;;

1. Tape the map on the wall of your den, closing one eye, throw 3 darts at it, thats the very same effective method that stock brokers use with great results.

2. Forget about killing something, Leave the firearms in the vehicle, Just walk for 9 days. ( and another hunter does not drill you by mistake )

3. Paleo people just could NOT resist caves and overhangs even if being a bit far from water. Use that Super Google map that lets you look at any point on the ground from high and low and swoop completely around it. Try to spot any likely deep drainage walls that have a hint of overhangs. Head for that!

3A. For just plain old rotten Archaic points, walk every drainage

So the dreaded funk bug got you !!! that explains the rasberry burp

no ,hal those were the few artifacts my wife and i found in those 5 hrs minus a couple including a valverde base just missing the tip and a really cool drill missing most of the bit in another box at home.

Signed up yesterday. Was trying to find a Golden Mono to take but those are hard to find on the surface. Me and SW went out yesterday day and found the mother load. Scratched around by the big tree that got hit by lighting. To many to list cannot wait to see you this week end. Not to rub it in but we are going out again today. Already filled up that 4ft by 2ft box with some sweeeeeties.