Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Jetta

Here are a few that were found in Williamson County. There is one that I am not to sure of and a stone that looks like a pendant but may be just a rock with a hole in it. Let me know what you think.

Photobucket

Jetta
Photobucket

Marshall
Photobucket

Resharpened Uvalde???
Photobucket

No idea but a very wide stem
Photobucket

Pendant or a rock with a hole??
Photobucket
pendant

Re: Jetta

Your "resharpened Uvalde" looks 100% Darl to me. Last one would be Castroville.

Very nice finds. Could be a Jetta with those longish legs. Jettas are not rare but they are not common, a flint show dealer might know for sure

Thats just a natural stone. Even though the pic did not come through, we detect a tone of doubt in your typing and if you cant readily see any human intervention.....it's a stone

Sorry about the pics I moved some stuff around. I will repost them.

I was thinking Darl for the small one to but we have so many types here with bases like that I wasn't sure so I called it an Uvalde. Thanks

pendant

Photobucket

Re pendant again, if it was dug out of a midden it may have had a decorative value to someone. If just found in a drainage, probably just natural.
One thing against man made, both side seem natural. No matter what design for Gorgets & pendants, they are polished smooth.

Dont throw it away, it's about a $200. item for Ebay