Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New points today

Dug for 2 hours and this is what I found, I knew it would be a good day when I saw this Marcos bt base laying in my hole.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
got four whole ones, montell Langtry Nolan and angostura?
this is the lanceolate point, I think angostura, it has transverse oblique flaking... But I'm not sure, what do yal think?
this is a piece of ochre with a line incised on it, and a line from where I painted it on my hand

Re: New points today

If it was mine I would be content to call it an Angostura. Mainly based on slight base notch & reworked tip.

Four completes from four major Tribes in a small area is neat. Must have been something good in that area of the camp to attract knappers , , , ,like a soft rock to sit on

Excellent demo of Ochre usage ( OchreArtists take note )
Tks for the show

not bad for two hours work. Good job

I found a low grade piece of "Ochre" Suday digging at Chrisners

Photobucket

still good enough to make a

Wow burnt orange, perfect for the ancient UT fan lol

I found another piece of ochre but still not as pure as Tuck's original find. His looks like rust flying in loose formation.

Photobucket

Crushed up and mixed with animal fat = 1 REALLY red man ........TX EX ????

plainview would be my guess basil ground? second guess and its completely off the wall (hell gap). been licking that toad again
Photobucket

Pat, your lucky to have them. All of ours disappeared in last years drought. At least the horned toads came back. Now that's rough licking.

Tehuacana
Pat, your lucky to have them. All of ours disappeared in last years drought. At least the horned toads came back. Now that's rough licking.
would love to see horny toads again.....

It's nice to see them again. They all but disappeared when the fire ants came in. Now, for some reason, the fire ants are the ones disappearing and the horny toads are coming back.

Last visit to Nachos, Tehuacana was kind enough to give me a piece of very rare BLACK Ochre that he had found...

Photobucket

TUCKER,THAT POINT LOOK LIKE A MIDLAND,CHECK IT OUT.