Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A dig with Hal at Chrisners

Hal, Me and Timi had a great time diggin near you but you should have followed me and Timi when we moved. I found all this after we moved except for the darl. You forgot to mention that the Darl was a surface find. It was layin right between two occupied, previously excavated, holes. All were surface finds except for two. The side notch point was dug by Timi which she was very excited about.

First we have the side view of a Plainview(correct me if I'm wrong)

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Here is a view of the base. This thing is real thin.

This view shows the flakin pattern. I always fergit to add somethin for scale. What is left of it is about 2" long.

Here is one that I'm not sure of. It is also about 2" long. Nice and thin. the rounded tip was intentionally flaked that way. The base is what is broken here. I found a tree layin on its side and started knockin the dirt from the roots and it popped out.

Here is a group shot of the best for the day. The smallest black tip is actually a broken tip that broke like a flake. That is why the base is so round.

Here is a close up of Timi's point. Can someone please ID it for her? Unfortunatly the tip is kinda damaged. translucent except for where the white stuff is.

Thanks for lookin and dont give up on Chrisners. They still have some good stuff left.
Cant wait till Digfest 2010! WOO HOO!!!

Re: A dig with Hal at Chrisners

Some experts at a flint show ( or Digfest ) might confirm that " Plainview " That other blade (if it was mine) I think more of as being the BASE of a blade.

I can only compare Timi's find to book pictures, dont hear it mentioned often but FIGUEROA is close as is ELLIS but there was such a large po****tion of Ensor people in that whole area, maybe it's an ENSOR varient
( another second opinion candidate )

Thats a lot of good finds, if I didn't bring some dog bisquits with me I would have found nothing worth publishing

Odd you mention having good finds after leaving where I was digging....I've heard that frequently in the recent past. Anybody know a good ( cheap ) JINX exorsist