Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Fall Creek, on Monday

I found these surface hunting in the creek.

The 2nd one looks like a broken darl and then a scraper. Does anyone know what the 1st one could be?

I also found this. It looks like it has small cut marks all over it.

Re: Fall Creek, on Monday

Beautiful, peaceful meandering creek, probably looks a bit different today ( rain reference ! ) Nice insitu pic, that'll stop you in your tracks [Wide-Eyed ] Point looks a bit close to a Morhiss

Hey Chris. I think your little point is a Bonham. That's about par for what we're finding out there. Good finds man.

Im going with Bonham too. I have found several specimens from Richards. I have asked around because they dont look like other birdies i have found. Bill German said they were Albas- rogers said bonham and some have said perdiz. Nice finds!

Chris, the thing with marks on it looks to be fossilized bivalve lip - basically the shell lip edge of a fossil clam/oyster.

Great finds!

Great finds. I bet you can't surface hunt the creek this morning.

Thanks everyone! That's cool it a bonham. Its my first one. I have found some really cool stuff at Richard's place.

Ed your right. I couldn't surface hunt it this morning. I had to work and couldn't get out. (smile)

DFW, It's bone so Lunker is probably right. There are marks over every single part of the bone where it was gnawed down. I'm looking forward to the water going down as well. You never know what you will find.

Hal, That's exactly what happened. It jumped out to me it was so obvious. It's cool to find them like that just waiting for you to come by and pick them up.

lunkerbrad
nice deer antler chewd up by rats .
all gfood stuff to be had walking in the creek i can not wait till they lay down hit the po****r spots first then my persanol ones . haha

OR...stoopid ( starving ) squirrel ? Some local park benches that are made out of that man made plastic "wood" have similar heavy gnawing with a lot of bench missing

Every deluge cloud is a surfacers' delight .......just a question of who gets there the firstist