Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A bunch from the last month or two!! What y'all think?

Here's one the rain uncovered!!Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
a few morePhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
another group of em'!!Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
some more!!
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
action=view¤t=a7559e49.jpg" target="_blank"> src="http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af98/Clutonheads/a7559e49.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos" />

Re: A bunch from the last month or two!! What y'all think?

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Smaller ones!!Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Rain is a surface hunters dream. I doubt we got enough down here to do much more then settle the dust. Good finds. That looks like a Sandia in that first pic. on your second post.

Hey thanks Teh! I told my huntin partner it could be a sandia! He started laughin! Who knows, it is probably a broke point worked into a knife! The rain has done wonders for our sand hills, plus plowin helps!!:) hey I know you hunt south Texas, I was born in Jourdanton, have family in Charlotte and Bigfoot! I love to surface hunt the roads! Tons of triangulars, catans, but an occasional bird! My Uncle told me just today in Bigfoot area they were workin on a well pad and the doazer operator found an 11 in blade!! So maybe there are some big ones down there!!:) thanks for the reply and good huntin!!

I'm here in Pearsall and have been all over that area. Flicker used to work for A&M scouting peanuts in her younger days and she found a few in the fields over in the Jourdanton/Pleasanton area. Including the only piece of a c-tang we have. Haven't given up on a whole one yet. Tangs are very rare in this area.

Those are awesome!

Sandia would be a rare treasure indeed. Dr T describes it's range as being extreme NW TX into NM. Ovrst, in the South Central ( TX ) does not list it at all....Ovrst, in the South West ( NM ) lists it in the front thumbnail pics but NOT in the main descriptions.
Basal grinding, if prominent is a good clue but just the single barb, we all have hundreds of those

Nice variety in the collection. The top insitu is neat.....and so is the area you are hunting
Thats a huge amount of magnetite ( iron ) shown in the picture format.

Cluton,

Nice finds and variety.

IMO just a reworked point, no such thing as Sandia.

jh

sandia.type site sandia mnts south of albuquerque and comes in 4 forms. but i believe you have a wells there in my opinion.love that point.nice finds.

Pat,

I think most current archeologist question the validity of the Sandia site type points. Has anyone published an excavated Sandia since the original report in 1941?

jh

Thanks guys! Sandia? We all know it's a reworked clunky perd or something! But thanks for the replys, I enjoy reading this whole forum!

john haberer
Pat,

I think most current archeologist question the validity of the Sandia site type points. Has anyone published an excavated Sandia since the original report in 1941?

jh

mr. haberer
i believe you may be correct as i failed to read the fine print in a little box that said IMPORTANT and i quote this type may not exist.points from the type site may not be authentic. more data needed.
that was on sandia' 1 2 3.but they did authenticate sandia iv (4) so as usual i'm more confused than ever.