Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
NEW NACHO SITE FINDS...

THIS SPACE RESERVED FOR FUTURE FINDS FROM THE NEW SCREENING SITE,WEEKEND OF SEPTEMBER - 17-18-19 2KX

Re: NEW NACHO SITE FINDS...

I'll try and fill that up for you Hal this coming weekend. Stay tuned.

SH
THIS SPACE RESERVED FOR FUTURE FINDS FROM THE NEW SCREENING SITE,WEEKEND OF SEPTEMBER - 17-18-19 2KX

48 hits and not 1 pic. talk about a tease. cant wait till then.and i'll pull my left 1 for all who attend.(that means good luck to everyone who goes)

No tease at all, just covering needing a really lot of space. Notice AzAl alone is threatening needing extensive report space

Hey Hal and arizona al better save me a section! I'm feelin real lucky!

Hal,
In regards to my question - my email is winmeek@comcast.net
I had a couple of surprises at home, 2 pieces fit together to make a castroville, and that round thing with the hole in it looked more interesting after I cleaned it off. Will post it soon.
Fred

hope everyone makes it home safely!
refer to the prayer page.

The anti****tion is killing me.

DFWPhotoguy
The anti****tion is killing me.

Naughty naughty DF no need for bleeped words

Sorry for the delay...I couldn't find the cord to even download the dig pics....I still need more time to do the report...as "usual" , here a quick preview....

Photobucket

Photobucket

You think I'm slow posting a report.? . . . . Badger is still in the pit at this hour of the day ( for the front page celebs )

By the time you get them photos up, Nacho will have cleared the site and have moved on to a new dig already!

Jk, im just anxious to get a looksy at what happened. That main page picture made me drool.

Don't know what Hal is up to, but he took a lot of pictures. That Montell Patrick found is the best, there was a good Castroville on Friday (didn't see it), Lewis found a nice Montell on Saturday, Arizona Al found a nice Langtry on Sunday, Nacho found a nice Pedernales on Sunday, some nice Ensors, and some killer bird points on Friday and Saturday. surely there were some other nice points I didn't see. Friday and Saturday were at the latest Chalk Bluff site, Sunday was back at the original Chalk Bluff site, by the church camp.
Fred

hal hal hal hal HAL
are you there.you had 538 hits before the first pic ever hit the board.
we are all patiently waiting.

We enjoyed meeting you out there Saturday Fred. We ended up with a few nice bird points ourselves. The drizzle didn't slow us down none. Made it a comfortable day.
Hal's probably still cleaning up that little puddle jumper he had for a rental car. Hard to sleep in though.

pat kinyon
hal hal hal hal HAL
are you there.you had 538 hits before the first pic ever hit the board.
we are all patiently waiting.

I feel like President Obama being under the gun to perform a miracle

Here's my story... I had the time to do the report last evening...got the first pic onto Photobucket okay...
then the next pic would not load...it just comes up with a new frame I never saw before that says " UPLOADING TO ALBUM" ...but it never does.

I assumed it was a temporary internal photobucket glitch. Alas....as I type now, it's still unusable.

I'll keep trying.

hey hal: i went to photo bucket so i could try to upload some pics and see if it was an internal problem. so i could tell you it was and if i were you i would go look for some more flint.alas it is not a p.b. problem it worked fine for me so i dont know what to tell you. so maybe you should go look for some more flint anyway. good luck with it because you could loose it all as i did a while back.

pat kinyon
hey hal: i went to photo bucket so i could try to upload some pics and see if it was an internal problem. so i could tell you it was and if i were you i would go look for some more flint.alas it is not a p.b. problem it worked fine for me so i dont know what to tell you. so maybe you should go look for some more flint anyway. good luck with it because you could loose it all as i did a while back.

OK, so if photobucket is not the problem then I know to find a solution here at home.

What do you mean " LOSING IT ALL " You mean there could be some mental damage . ?... or ALL the past pics on Photobucket get wiped off "....is either one possible ??

yeah both happened to me. but i was driving the computer under the influence.

SH

NEVER AGAIN .........will I ever, ever "RESERVE" a space for an upcomming event !!! Look at the length of the posts for this zero topic...
It was like inviting grafitti artists to a new clean wall and asking them NOT to doodle

I'll start fresh.....See ; ; ; ;

NACHO - DAY 1 of 3

NACHO - DAY 2 of 3

NACHO - DAY 3 of 3

PS: the P.B. just came on all by itself....I did NOTHING. The manager over there may have just shut my account down while he admired the beautiful flint pictures

Nexet my time Hal, I'll get my camera out and snap a few so you'll have a backup plan. You were doing such a great job as photographer that mine stayed in the truck. I was looking forward to seeing those little Ensors.

Tehuacana
Nexet my time Hal, I'll get my camera out and snap a few so you'll have a backup plan. You were doing such a great job as photographer that mine stayed in the truck. I was looking forward to seeing those little Ensors.

Wish granted....See..." NACHO - DAY 2 of 3,,,,, carefull what you wish for

Patrick
Hey Hal and arizona al better save me a section! I'm feelin real lucky!

Next time your " FEELIN REAL LUCKY ", Montell fantastic.....

I suggest you buy a power ball lottery ticket

Quote from an emminent worthy...
"48 hits and not 1 pic. talk about a tease. cant wait till then.and i'll pull my left 1 for all who attend.(that means good luck to everyone who goes) [/quote]"

Now over NINE HUNDRED hits on this " reserved space " useless section.....You just going to let it die out ?

Here is a pic for you

Hal,
Can you send me that picture I wanted? winmeek@comcast.net
Thanks,Fred

Here is a photo of the more interesting things I found last weekend. The corner notched point on the right I found in 2 pieces and didn't realize they fit together until I got home. The round thing with a hole is ground on the outside, but the hole is rough and doesn't look drilled, so I think it might be a geofact that an Indian picked up and tried to make into jewelry.

Re: Here is a pic for you

Het Fred. Did your points come from the new site or the church site from last weekend? thanks

travis mcgaughey
Het Fred. Did your points come from the new site or the church site from last weekend? thanks

I suspect Trav has got a big "score board" tacked on his living room wall to keep track of Nacho site finds
for his upcomming visit....
Hope he leaves a B I G space at the bottom for HIS finds

They came from both. The bird points and round thingy came from the new site and the rest came from the church site. There was also big stuff coming out of the new site, just not as much. I still think they just need to do some test digging at the new site and that maybe the best area has not been found yet.

i really like that pink, big one in the middle row.Hal, I am saving lots of room for this weekend. Fingers crossed for good hunting areas.

Fred, I also found a hole at that site !
I kept it to clean it up and check it out later...

Photobucket

Its purely a flint nodule with a heavy limestoneish cortex...ZERO manmade work.
So now I have a useless geofact just like the Indian that first brought it home from the river

Saturday's finds @ the church included a G-12 Bell and an equally fantastic Ensor. Jimm from Lubbock spent half of a day @ my new handig and came out with a Bell, a really nice Covington, a broke Ensor and a birdie. I asked him to try going to church once in a while and he had a good outcome. I'll post images alittle later before the Texans run up the score board on the Cowboys.

ROLAND ...WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP AT THIS HOUR OF THE DAY ?? The Sunday cartoons dont come on til
9:00 O'clock

Good short N sweet report.

I never got a pic of your place last week ( but I will this comming week )...I was very impressed with the depth and the digger burying overhang the sandhogs were
creating...

For a BELL.....I'LL work under that overhang myself ( of course I'll have the good sense to tie a rope around my foot and secure the other end to a strong tree )

PS:: your river must be a raging kayakers delight today, we saw that big green and yellow mass on the WX channel that came down yesterday late

SH
Quote from an emminent worthy...
"48 hits and not 1 pic. talk about a tease. cant wait till then.and i'll pull my left 1 for all who attend.(that means good luck to everyone who goes)
"

Now over NINE HUNDRED hits on this " reserved space " useless section.....You just going to let it die out ? [/quote]

I'll help...now this "useless" posting is over ELEVEN HUNDRED HITS..

Interesting, your looks very similar. I wouldn't say useless though, you can always pretty it up with your drimmel.

Did you get any pictures of those hematite balls? I thought they were some type of concretion.

SH, not a drop of rain. Nacho got over an inch last night and we got nada. As far as the river is concerned it is beginning to look like the lower Rio Grande. A huge group of Cajuns were out and one of the guys hooked 30 thats right, 30 Bass in one hour. Marc from Austin coming out on Monday to dig where Jim left off. Man, he got down to over chest deep in that midden and it will not be long before Mr. Nacho comes over to tear it up. My dig deals with the other 5 sites are very much alive, but I really want to dig the property I just bought. Hal we may have to do a down river from my side of river and find where the east and west prong meet. I'm sure there is a huge camp there.

Ach zoa !...That deep is much deeper than any of the other hand dig work in the past....Lottsa good finds
might be still there.
I still like the idea of taking the road out

You've been listening to the experts......drainage intersections are just about guaranteed to have a camp
or two close by. Winter is the time for new explorations with the grass & brush at miniumums BUT ..
not during deer season

Fred, yes Hemetite pic...see Mssg Bd topic " INDIAN MARBLE FOUND BY LOUIS "

Roland Dig & Hal Marcasite

Roland,
When do you do your digs? Are they digs or screen digs? What is the cost? I am tied up for a few weeks but would like to come to your place.

Hal,
Are you sure that is Marcasite? The weathered exterior is red and rubs off red. Is hematite a product of marcasite weathering? Hematite nodules also called "Moqui marbles" are found in limestones which is some of the bedrock out in the area we were in. I am asking as concretions is something we don't talk much about in oil exploration.
Fred

Re: Roland Dig & Hal Marcasite

Fred

Hal,
Are you sure that is Marcasite? The weathered exterior is red and rubs off red. Is hematite a product of marcasite weathering? Hematite nodules also called "Moqui marbles" are found in limestones which is some of the bedrock out in the area we were in. I am asking as concretions is something we don't talk much about in oil exploration.
Fred

"Pretty sure "...The knobby exterior and interior radiation crystals define a marcasite formation. I assumed Louis' find just had the knobs polished off. Going way back into my past investigations, one report noted that marcasite was formed in very deep ( high pressure )cold ocean bottoms. It's an iron sulfide.

Do you remember those red streaks Patrick had on his face ?? The "other" polished marcasite ball the other fellow found had a red pocket area that made the streaks, like Ochre, a hematite variation. Markasite could leave no marks other than what a piece of iron would make ( Ouch )

I'll be happy to defer to any other founded opinions.

Re: Roland Dig & Hal Marcasite

Hey shallow Hal, I'm startin to feel real lucky again!

Re: NEW NACHO SITE FINDS ( reserve space )

Pat, are you positive your getting lucky vibes or just feeling the early symptoms of the dreaded " CABIN FEVER " so common to residents up in your area ? Just 5 more months and the big thaw will start

Reeling down to this space we passed the pic of your Montell on the screen...Whatta memory !

I could hardly believe it when I saw this posting pop back up..OVER 1500 hits for an original posting just to
"reserve space "

Hal,
How is the Barksdale thing going. What are they doing different to make it work at a site that was supposedly dug out?
Fred

Yea I think it could be a bad case of the cabin fever!! We jjust got 9" of snow last night and we are suppose to get that much again on Sunday!! I'm missin tx.

Patrick,
Are you going to Nacho's this weekend? He is short a few on the head count to make it go.
Fred

Fred
Hal,
How is the Barksdale thing going. What are they doing different to make it work at a site that was supposedly dug out?
Fred

Not completely dug out F. They stopped and moved to the Roland site then the Church site. BarksD is a huge property with plenty more camps...Unfortunatly there is also plenty of dirt between camps.
Last 6 weeks daily finds vary from spectacular to poor ( to ...)
If going soon, best try
At this writting, I had not planned on BarksD this wkend.
We sympathize with you P, tough sledding

Patrick
Yea We jjust got 9" of snow last night and we are suppose to get that much again on Sunday!! I'm missin tx.

You didnt say anything about the C O L D then I noticed your teeth were chattering on the " jjjust "

I have a new phone and lost Nacho’s number, can you give it to me?

Fred
I have a new phone and lost Nacho’s number, can you give it to me?

830 486 9325 ..I think you just did this to be viewer # 2042 and poster # 44