Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Found a few 9-12-10

Got out to hit one of the creeks and found a couple. Tooka couple insitu pics.

Almost did not see this one.
Donahoe

Here it is out of the water
Photobucket

Photobucket

Another one in the water about 20 yards further down
Photobucket

out of the water now
Photobucket

Photobucket

I moved spots and left my camera in the truck so no more insitu shots. A nice 4 inch blade with fine serrations.
Photobucket

Not broken just has a vein running through it.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is the days finds after about 4 hrs of walking
Photobucket

Re: Found a few 9-12-10

great day surfacing way to go. love the point with the serrations.is it broken at the base or is that an unusual color line.

it is not broken. That is just a vein of different color running through it.

that would not happen to be sandy creek just outside of Llano? There is a county road off 71 where the historical marker is that crosses sandy creek twice. That location is very, very good for surface hunting.

no, it is a small creek in williamson county. I know the spot you are talking about though.

oh man that first point is a killer!

Thanks Travis

Little late but yes really great finds

We especially like the "scale" you made up on a floating life jacket section....very apropriate for creek walking....

Have you ANY IDEA what the name of that top point is and what the book value is

Sh,
I really do not know what to call that first point. I almost did not see it. I walked over it and the sun reflected off the water and when I looked down... there she was. Lucky me. Do you have any ideas on what it is?

That scale I made up is on the back of one of my wifes old hard eye glasses case.When I go creek hunting I usually take two of them along in case I fill one up and need more room.

Hey,
maybe I will remeber to bring it to Digfest with me so that you can get a closer look at it.

3 point types that i see possible. my first guess would be bulverde. my second lange my third would be nolan.that is an awesome point but my favorite is still the serrated point with the blue vein.that point wouldn't by chance be basil ground because i can't stop thinking plainview.

The point doesn't look Bulverde to me and it does not have the stem beveling that a nolan does but who knows.
The blade does not have basal grinding. I think it is maybe a Darl Blade or a Friday knife.I wish it was a Plainview. I have only found 2 plainviews so far. I found them both on the same creek.
I do like the vein running through it though. Looks just like it was broken and reglued.

Thanks for all the comments.