Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
More Finds From the Creek

Spent about an hour out there this afternoon surface hunting. Found my second Angosura drill from the same site, another Clear Fork,a scraper? and a beat up blade, plus several bases from Matamoros and other blades. The bases weren't worth taking a pic. of.

Re: More Finds From the Creek

Thats a great Angus drill Ken. I hope to get some time soon to dig. Keep the great finds coming!

Will do. Don't have much more time before deer season and it ain't safe out in the brush during that time of year. It's bad when the deer blinds have more bullet holes in them then the stop signs.

Tehuacana
Will do. Don't have much more time before deer season and it ain't safe out in the brush during that time of year. It's bad when the deer blinds have more bullet holes in them then the stop signs.

its no wonder why you like the color bright red. have you ever considered posting your artifacts on hunter safety orange.

That bright red fits in with the color of their bloodshot eyes so they don't see it, now that orange......that's a bullseye. There's a deer blind about 200 yards from where I hunt, I walked over to it last month and counted 17 bullet holes in it. The stop sign on the road only has 4. Guess they were too drunk to open the window to shoot. Remember that old song "Second Week of Deer Camp". Man, they were talking about hunting in Frio county, that's for dang sure. Never saw so many 80 year old men with 20 year old wives.

if thats the case i believe i would not sit in that blind for fear of retalliation that stop sign must really be pi ssssd (mad)

WHAT.. .....Where's that "hunting place" in Frio county Te?? I usually dig right through deer season
but I could try hunting again if the right game was on the property just for the elderly

Your drill find is a beauty, thats a real piece of history. Good job you rescued it, "insitu's" like that, cattle go out of their way to stomp

I'm now thinking your excessive Clear Fork finds really have got a serious story to them .....Just like your very first posting years ago about a " stemless dividing line " across S TX... Now the " CF LINE " ?

And we did notice the drill was worth more than a single coin scale

Nice Ken,
I wonder if that Angostura was picked up by a later culture and turned into a drill?

I don't know Travis. This is the second one from the site. I've seen on the forums several times that Paleo Indians didn't make drills but I was reading the Central States Archaeological Journal and the Paleo Indians had an extensive tool kit including spokehaves, reamers, and gouges so it's possible that they also made and used drills. Of all the points that I've found at this site the only two drills were Paleo. I've found at least 6 complete Angostura points and that many more broken ones. I haven't found any Archaic drills there. Just points.

That's pretty interesting Ken. I like knowing that they used different tools for different reasons. The paleo must have had some prettybig tools for biggergame.

Nice finds, are they from the pipeline you work?

Yep, now I have a nice 100' cleared right of way along the creek. I found over a 100 perfect ones on the old pipeline 40' right of way and now I have even more area to hunt on. Just need the rain to wash them out.