Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
May I ask why Nachos dig finds, Marcos and CT pics are allowed?

We are planning a trip there and kinda curious about the finds that aren't being shown?
Alot of money saved and planning for days off, and it has our crew frankly alittle worried! Why a COA so quickly demanded? Did they come out of the dirt on the site or what? I'm just looking out for the family and friends that wanna go! Michelle if you need to delete this post I understand, but maybe you or Hal can email me? Thank you! Hope everything cool cause we have been wanting and saving to go!

Re: May I ask why Nachos dig finds, Marcos and CT pics are allowed?

Like I said before, this was my first dig and Todd and I found a georgeous Cornertang together across the table from each other with Todd Henley and another digger at the table. The dirt was just dumped and we spotted it at the same time so I let Todd check it out even though he gave me credit for seeing it first. From the arrowhead books it looks like a G-10+++. Then I found a Marcos or Castroville, not sure, on a seperate table from Todd. I'm not sure about all this COA business? They both came right out of the dirt in front of me so What else can I do.....I 'll send them off to get looked at but until then I guess no one else can see them.....Maybe I made a mistake by offering to sell them at the dig...I'm new to this hobby. Todd also fond another beautiful point they called an Ensor 3" + but it hasn't been posted either. I accidently dropped it and broke it while trying to clean it off for Todd. Do they offer COAS at the dig sites to verify the points very often? Some very nice points were found and displayed but none of Todd's smaller points, Ensor or my Cornertang and Marcos were given any credit. I'm sorry but I don't understand the difference. If they never get displayed, i'm happy to have found them. They are really georgeous. Best to all digging.

Terry Woodard M.D.

Hey Cluton. I read your post with interest.It sounds like you may have some apprehension about going to screen with Mr. Nacho. Let me assure that I have been screening with the Nacho gang many times and have always had a super time. There are no planted points and a COA may be a good idea on the better finds just to say you have it authenticated. Personally, I have no papers on any Nacho dig find as I know they are the real deal. I've had days where I find very little on the screens and others where I find 5 points a load. Thats why they call it digging. There are no guarantees but you can be assured that the crew will load your screens and provide enough dirt so at the end of the day you are beat and totally pleased. I always tell people if you are going with expectations of finding a bunch of great stuff you may as well go buy a couple nice points and stay home. But whats the fun in that? The last time I went I found this.. The time before I got spanked and came home with a couple field grade points. But I had a blast every single time. Its a treasure hunt Cluton. Go and have fun. Yes its expensive but for the money you go through 40 cubic yards of dirt vs hand digging and doing one cubic yard. Cheers ! Be sure to post your killers when you get back. Often the field grade stuff is not posted as we have have buckets of them.

Heres what you hope for...

Photobucket

Photobucket

These are the ones that dont make the front page. Treasures none the less.

Photobucket

I will send the Golden Mano with you for good luck !

Photobucket

Thanks for the wonderful show Idaho !!!

Here is how it goes

When an item is found at a site and just dosen't look right, or the site operator thinks that something doesn't look authentic to a particular site or is unlike other items coming from the same site ...... authentication is used so there is no false advertising for any sites.

I personally don't know either of the people that found the items, they have never posted before so I cannot just believe anyone right off the bat.

Speaking of right off the Bat ...
Starting off the message that Terry M.D posted on : Sep 30, 2010 - 12:49AM - Nacho's Dig Finds 9/18/10

Terry's very first message : """From what I understand from Todd Lane and other friends in to Arrowheads; they were two of the best ones found that weekend at Nacho's""""

Anyone check out the EMAIL LINK ?????...... ITS TODDS EMAIL ...... Why is there a link for TODD'S Email on Terry's Message????? Just like the one before this as terry's reply.. BOTH have TODD's email as Terry.

Get back to me when there is a COA and we will advertise the heck out of the Corner Tang for the site ... Untill then .. I will take my grain of salt on Idaho's Potato.

M. That is a great reason for getting the facts straight. I have been to Nachos and TJ's digs. Had a great time at both, well worth the $$$. Even if I did not get that G10er I did have some good finds. I'm glad you guys look out for the begginers like myself. Thanks for all you do. See you at dig fest.

If it quacks like a doc, and walks like a doc, it's not necessarily a doc!

Did anyone else besides me, notice the hour at which these first two were posted? I smelled a fish, and passed on replying this a.m.. Michelle, the one good thing to come out of this, you won't have to worry about Todd aka doc showing his face around here anytime soon. Thanks for putting up with the nonsense.

Re: If it quacks like a doc, and walks like a doc, it's not necessarily a doc!

Man I like the Subject title. "If it quacks like a doc, and walks like a doc, it's not necessarily a doc!". Good point there rgs, and the wife also noticed all the grammar mistakes. Odd for a college educated person to make so many mistakes.

If he's a doctor, well i'm an astronaut!

This is exzactly why I don't let Just Anyone On My Screens...I've been huntin flint 25 yrs , diggin mounds with a bobcat the last 7..I have seen incredible rocks slide down the screen to me and others..But all it takes is 1 jerk to contaminate a site. What A shame..I enjoy talkin to Nacho and TJ at The shows..these guys have worked very hard to get to the level they are at, I have much respect for both...at the same time...I have a great collection with a dogleg c-tang from hays co 15 yrs back..and just found my 2nd peice of a c-tang last yr...15 yrs inbetween and miles of dirt..none of my collection has been papered..Dwain R has seen my best stuff..with no doubts, last show in Luling I took in a great case, he looked at them said "these are winners" I know he hasnt forgot who I am..I Have Braided Hair to my butt...But It's the points he remembers..even had old men follow me to my truck..But I've never sold a point and never will!!! I know what I've Found Is The Real Deal, and I'm not worried about others opinions, but I can Honestly say, I've never had anyone doubt 1 of my finds..GOOD ON AUSTIN DIGGERS FOR WATCHIN NACHO"S BACK!!!! 1 Jerk Can Ruin This For Everyone, If These were planted fakes it compromieses every legit find from that camp...good luck weedin out the stinkers!

Perhaps you should read the entire thread on the forum and have your facts straight before jumping on the bandwagon and discrediting Dr.Woodard. I brought him on his first dig and because we found two good ones and was trying to share them on the forum, he and myself have been accused of being frauds. Dr. Woodard is a highly respected Nephrologist in Tyler, Tx and even his credentials have been mocked by some on this forum. Reading Dr. Woodard's postings may be helpful before he and myself are labeled as dishonest or stinkers as you say. He simply wanted to share his nice artifacts on the board and give accolades to Nacho's dig and efficient staff; however, now, because for somebody said the cornertang didn't look "right" we are dishonest diggers and he's not even a doctor. We did nothing wrong or dishonest and certainly have no hidden agenda. Enough is enough of this BS! He hasn't even had time to COA and we are being called frauds!

Well define , don't have the time , you certainly had time to go screening and you made time to get on here and post , so what's stoping you from going to the post office , getting a insurable box , wrap your points up good , put in the fee for geting the COA and mail it to mr Rogers , so you can put this to rest and so we all can see the finds. Two weeks have allready passed and you say you don't have the time to go mail a box . So make the time and get that COA. So all can see . Real simple.

I only case points if they are 90% or better...with over a thousand points cased in my collection, all dug by me, and none bought...I can honestly say these statements.1) true G10's and Cornertangs are very rare, out of my collection the # of true G10's is arond 30 to 40 points..and cornertangs even more rare...another thing I know In My Heart...If I paid 200 to dig with Nacho or TJ and found a Corner tang on my screen...NO WAY IN HELL WOULD I LEAVE THAT SCREEN OR OPERATOR ALL DAY!!! But You Say Your Friend Found A G10 Cornertang then a little while later MOVED TO ANOTHER SCREEN and found another G10...Hmmm..All that matters is what did Nacho Say? He's seen enough points, I'll take his word. I don't know you or your Doctor friend and don't care!!! This wouldn't be the 1st time someone planted a point on a pay dig. I also have yet to see anyone try to sell the find of a lifetime immeadiatly after finding it...none of your story sounds legit to me..but hey I have seen some crazy stuff come out diggin, and anything is possible. Good luck to you! If people called my stuff fake I would get it papered just to prove em wrong..but if they were fakes you'll disappear into the dust!

Cliff, in the first place, the artifacts are not mine to send off for COA. Dr. Woodard has been working 14-18 hour shifts on a 10 day rotation at the hospital so maybe that is why he hasn't sent them yet. The only story there is is that 9/17 he and I were on the table with two other known and respected diggers when the CT fell out. Then 9/18 Nacho had to split us up and Dr. Woodard joined another couple at their table when he found a really nice Marcos. I just don't understand why he would be automatically discredited on the points and his credentials as a physician. If Nacho or anyone else had any concernes, nothing was addressed to either one of us at the dig. He is very put-off by the negative feedback and personal slanders about him even being a doctor.
In fact, he spent great portion of his time while there talking with Roscoe about his daughter's Leukemia treatments. I resent the ignorant comments about him and associating me in comments about dishonest screening. Whatever Dr. Woodard decides to do with the points is not my business. I know that he is growing very apathetic about the whole deal from the amount of unwarranted negative feedback. I am actually sorry now that I took my good friend on the dig. Nacho and his staff are the best in the business and I don't all the negativity to reflect on Nacho.

Well any body with a little comon sense would quit yappin about it , and take it like a man and learn from this and quit posting excuses of why not and go do something about it , your full of hot air. The fact that he is a doctor means nothing to me , that is about as good as saying he is a used car salesman . He's a grown man in a adult world , let him speak for him self . I'm no rocket siencetist , but I've got enough smarts to prove my self right when I know I am and I don't make up excuses why I haven't , I go and get it done , it's that simple , the fact is all you and the doc can do is complain how you are being miss treated , I hear nothing from you stateing we are working on geting that COA . We will get back to you . How hard is that . If some body ask me for proof , it would not affend me at all ,I would gladly give it asap , and I know I would not be crying about it that they would ask . The only time people cry about it is when they know that they can't prove them selfs right , so they use the only thing they have left , and that is hot air , so why don't you and the doc get back to us when you got that COA . Then you can toot your horn for all to see .

What was the final verdict on "Pete's Point" from Digfest last year ? I know there were some questions asked about the point but I don't recall conclusions.

From what I heard it was a fake , and not a peep out of his buddys again , just a long forgoten memory .

I think I like You Cliff, We'd Get Along Just Fine!

This is such a shame.. At this time there is 688 hits to this message when it should all wait till someone makes the time to Paper some points.

This is exactly the kind of paranoia and BS that i've been referring to about questioning Dr. Woodard's credentials as well as his finds at Nacho's dig. He works for Trinity Mother Fances as a hospitialist. The Google info is when he had a Nephorology clinic in Tyler since then he has workred for TMF for a nunber of years. The heck with the points, when you start questioning his crdedintials as a doctor you are taking things beyond the limits of diggin creditibility. It was his first dig, he got lucky now get over it. He is sending them off for coa and all you naysaysers can eat it. The whole experience has turned me and Dr. Woodard against any kind of future parti****tion with this forum or group of diggers. How could it not? We have been ridiculed from the moment the points were found? We hope everyone has good luck diggin! As soon as we get the points papered, we will provide it to Austindiggers.com.

Y'all just shut the hell up and dig, or sift in this case. Problem solved.

Hey Michelle, you might want to start a line of Austindigger t-shirts that say this on the back!

Carry on.

Todd Lane
This is exactly the kind of paranoia and BS that i've been referring to about questioning Dr. Woodard's credentials as well as his finds at Nacho's dig. The whole experience has turned me and Dr. Woodard against any kind of future parti****tion with this forum or group of diggers. How could it not? We have been ridiculed from the moment the points were found? We hope everyone has good luck diggin! As soon as we get the points papered, we will provide it to Austindiggers.com.

Todd, coming from an outsider on this forum, my only remark here is that personal attacks aside, what I think folks here are trying to do is preserve the sanctity of a dig and the re****tion of that digs operator.

While it might not seem that way when you are in the cross hairs, the folks here are just VERY passionate about the Texas Digging Community and frown upon any shenanigans that raise red flags.

One of the most important things I have learned in the computer age is that typed words can be taken a dozen different ways by a dozen different people. If you or the doctor were face to face with anyone here, I promise you they wouldn't be disrespectful and you would be able to tell from body language and tone that they only want to make sure that everyone is happy.

Its hard finding an online community that doesn't do some sort of hazing of outsiders...I guess I would just say that I imagine that these folks are more than willing to give new comers a chance and the folks here have a wealth of knowledge that you wont be able to find anywhere else, it just can be a little rocky to start with.

Sorry all to be a person to yet again bump this thread. If you ever have seen the movie Bad Boys or Bad Boys 2....then you understand WOOSAH.

Good luck to everyone and hopefully it all works out!

For the sake of calming everyone down, I already feel like a jackass for posting this question, there is a picture on Arrowheadology.com in recent finds! I'm sorry about the conflict I've created and Austin Diggers have done everything by the book and Nachos business has to be protected! Michelle does a fine job and without this site I would be alot less knowledgable! They are doing there jobs to make sure that everything is on the up and up! To both parties involved I apolagize for asking! Please refrain from ignorant comments and judging others, it makes me feel horrible! I really hope they get papered and I hope everybody can get along! In Texas we take our heads and this hobby seriously, and respect to others should be top priority! Michelle thank you for what you do and please forgive the start of this conflict! I hope everybody will take this attitude because I was the one who asked and I hope others will follow in a respectful manner! Thank you!!!

Redman
What was the final verdict on "Pete's Point" from Digfest last year ? I know there were some questions asked about the point but I don't recall conclusions.

WOW...THIS IS REAL HISTORY ...I went back and researched what I could find on Pete's point...WHAT A RECORD SETTER......THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED AND THIRTY ONE HITS ( 3531 )....SEVENTY SEVEN ( 77 ) REPLIES.

It's great reading for those that enjoy fake point different views.... there's even a DOCTOR involved too, validated by a reknown heavy hitter. !!

See; page 10 of these messages, "PETE'S POINT "DIGFEST".....last post OCT 15 2009.

For my money, I accept Mojave's appraisal at three quarters the way down page 1, dated Oct 13 .

If it's not an outright modern made...It's a complete and only, one of a kind eccentric

Hopefully Pete will be at this years digfest and bring another point with him

I threw a blue glass baby CTang in my cousins sifter one time! Good way to get your butt whooped! Then I was checkin some sand mounds this year and saw a corner tang stickin out, I started jumping and screaming, pulled it out, it was broke and knapped the day earlier! I was mad and learned a good lesson! Blue glass repros don't work, don't mess with my cousin, and you can't get mad if the trickster gets tricked! :):)lol!! By the way petes point not real!!just sayin!?:;

Did I hear the point in question was in Tyler, Texas?I can be in Tyler Texas in 45mins with microscope in hand.No need for a COA I can tell if real or not.We can put this to rest real quick!