Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Oct 2 2010 finds.

Went digging with flo-town and had a decent day. Here are our finds for the day.

Photobucket

A couple wall pictures.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Shanes killer long-eared marshall. This is the best picture I have, I will get a better one on monday.

Photobucket

An insitu of a pedernales.

Pho<a href=Photobuckettobucket">

My best finds of the day.

Photobucket

Re: Oct 2 2010 finds.

OHMYGOSH....ANOTHER TAILGATER

Excellent picture report too. Thanks.

It boggles the mind to realise how rich in artifacts are in a reasonably small area.

You guys are making a killing. That's giving me a bad case of flint fever.

Tehuacana
You guys are making a killing. That's giving me a bad case of flint fever.

i feel the same way.wow. i will say it again you guys are on fire. i really like the insitu pics but i understand why you don't have more, hell you guy's just don't have the time cause it looks like you finding one with every shovel full. but i do see something with the wall and dirt piles i dont see a color change. so my question is, are ya'll going to hardpan or could you guy's go deeper. if you could go deeper look for the color change.after finding that incised stone you may get into(THE PALEO ZONE)look for the sand. or hit the rock bottom. good luck and keep grinding.

The holes are pretty unkept in the pictures, we are digging to a reddish colored dirt, the sign stops there. In the middle of the midden and in some of the flats its much deeper with a nice snail layer down to tan layer with even more snails. We are kind of on the outskirts of the mound, kind of shallow but still producing.

Some sweet finds...looks like ya'll had fun...nice pics as well..Thank You for sharing

G-towndigger
The holes are pretty unkept in the pictures, we are digging to a reddish colored dirt, the sign stops there. In the middle of the midden and in some of the flats its much deeper with a nice snail layer down to tan layer with even more snails. We are kind of on the outskirts of the mound, kind of shallow but still producing.

i'm a firm believer in the tan colored layer thats compressed and full of snails. the thing about it is there were fewer paleo people so you may not find as much evidence especially since we are this far inland. but there had to be a game or water draw to this area. more than likely springs.if it were i,i would do a test hole somewhere in the middle and go as deep as possible to the point of ridiculous. is there any way ya'll can get a piece of machinery down there to at least get it started? man you guy's are on a very special piece of realestate.try everything possible for i have been on places like this and didn't do all i could,you can profit from my mistakes. can i be the camera man. ok im going to ramble on now (wilson county sand pits) just the most common site i can think of at this moment of intox. big machinery to find that. ok i will stop for the moment i"m ready for another drink.but wait there's more, at that day and time it could have been as simple as DRY land inquiring minds. forever obcessed will be the name of the song and bury me with the ancestors will be the chorus line.digfest is just 1 week away.