Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Oct 3 2010 finds

Here are some finds from yesterday. I found the big perd in two pieces. I found the base first and later that day I found the tip, but I didn't know it until I got home. I started looking at my finds and realized the two pieces fit, I guess it was my lucky day. If any one has some info on the blade please let me know. As now, I believe it is a williams blade (almost 5").

Here is a pic just of the blade (my first complete one ever).

Here is a pic of my little scallorn birdie (I was told it may be a G10 and it is also my first complete one ever). If any one has any info let me know. As far as I can tell there are no chips or nicks on it.

Re: Oct 3 2010 finds

Awesome haul Scott, sucks the blades broke, but at least you got both sides. A little super glue and she still looks great.

sweet finds. thats some good news for dig fest but your cheating by getting a head start.

The blade is complete. It is all one piece. I have witnesses. The big perd is what was broke.

My mistake, should have taken a little more time and a better look. Great blade!!!

Good show, even the humble Mano is a beauty. Your advisor on the G10 is probably correct, it's NOT the top of the line G10+

This is unique, only the second time we have had TWO posters with the same name ( Travis 1 and 2 being the first )
There's ANOTHER guy named " Scott Audilet " looking for a place to " dig and surface "
Couldn't possibly be you if you have a working area that produces those great finds

SH
Good show, even the humble Mano is a beauty. Your advisor on the G10 is probably correct, it's NOT the top of the line G10+

This is unique, only the second time we have had TWO posters with the same name ( Travis 1 and 2 being the first )
There's ANOTHER guy named " Scott Audilet " looking for a place to " dig and surface "
Couldn't possibly be you if you have a working area that produces those great finds

I think finding any type of point in G10 condition is a major accomplishment upon itself whether it is "just a G10" or a G10+.

No, there is not 2 of us only me. That was my original post. This was my first time out to that place because I just found out about it last week. I am still looking for a place to "dig and surface" in south central texas, but I am going to continue going to this place as well.

very nice points! especially that blade, how deep was it? and also i hate to be a downer, but if thats a g10 i have more g10 birds than i know what to do with... not that it isnt a nice point, because it really is.

Come on! That's an incredible point! G10 or not, I think it's a G10+! you know why, because it is to him,whether it be a G6 or G 9! Tucker you know where I'm goin with this, people love there points and our proud of them! I bet you do have a couple more G10s than you think Tuck!:) the first point my baby girl finds will be a G 10++ even it is a broke catan with fire pops!:)lol I want people to enjoy and post finds cause I get bored and like to look at em, Tucker did say it was a fine point, watch out he might be setting you up for a trade!:) just kidding Tuck, hope you see where I'm comin from bro!

A couple of yrs ago there was battle royal on this site with one faction DEFENDING the "G" ratings and the
opposing team CONDEMNING the ratings to the point ( pun intended )of firmly stating " There is NO such thing as a G-10 "
There has to be some common order just so people can speak to each other and describe what condition a particular artifact is in.

Drifting through the money book is an interesting exersize in G ratings... on a broad scale, one could say ANY point that is flawlessly UNBROKEN would qualify. Not so...depends on who is making the judgement.
Type of flint, color, SIZE, overall symetry, type of flaking and more all come into play.

I meant my remark as a high compliment because I cant quite fathom what constitutes a G-10 PLUS

Let me set the record straight on this deal. If you read my description above the scallorn I said that first off "THIS IS WHAT I WAS TOLD" and second that "IT MAY BE A G10". I am not a professional grader nor do i claim to be. I was merely expessing the opinion I had gotten that was it. Why do you think I stated "IF ANY HAS MORE INFO LET ME KNOW". I am not an idiot and know how slim the chances of finding an G10 are and as it stated on here everyone's perspective of the G rating is different. Is my point of very fine quality, Yes; is it unbroken, Yes; is it a G10, i don't know ask a professional. All I was trying to do is show off some finds, but now maybe I will just keep it to myself next time. Now I see why people are discouraged from posting their pics here. Have a great digfest.

Scott I don't think anybody was judging what you think about Grade of that birdie! Hal and Tucker are both gentlemen and I cannot count how many times they have complimented peoples finds! M Wharton told me once that my papered G10 Perd was in his opinion a G8 or maybe a G9! Did I Get mad? You know why? cause I learn so much about points from people like him and Hal, Idahoe, and Teh! They've been around longer and have seen alot more points than me! My point was I don't think grades are important, my opinion, Hal and Tucker were stating the facts and both complimented the point! I promise they were not judging your opinion and I promise they liked the point cause it is a fine one!

Bring anything you like N, just as long as you bring one of those G-1000s too

I am not mad at anyone. I just didn't want anyone thinking I am one of those guys that calls everything a G10. To be perfectly honest, I don't care if it is a G6, it's a bad*ss little point to me. No hard feelings. Hopefully I will meet you guys at Digfest. I will be there Sat. after lunch to do some digging. Anyone got any pointers on a good area since this is my first trip up there?

Hey guys didn't mean to stir up trouble, but I hear g10 this and that all of the time and wanted to clear the air. I probably went about saying it wrong, and hope I didn't discourage anyone from posting in the future. That said, I still think the point is great, and would love to find one like that any day.

THANK GOD your going to make it Scott...we need all the dirt moving manpower we can muster

Follow the arrows to the "dig"....you will find diggers already hard at work,,,just say Howdy THEN the very first one that yellS "HERE'S ONE "......

Get on his elbow...THATS THE SPOT

Scott Audilet
I am not mad at anyone. I just didn't want anyone thinking I am one of those guys that calls everything a G10. To be perfectly honest, I don't care if it is a G6, it's a bad*ss little point to me. No hard feelings. Hopefully I will meet you guys at Digfest. I will be there Sat. after lunch to do some digging. Anyone got any pointers on a good area since this is my first trip up there?

This guy DID show up. No wonder he wanted to get this "G" ratings thing cleared up...Seems his diggers' call sign is " GEETEN "

Well Hal, looks like I can transition to my new "call sign". Thanks for inspiring it Hopefully some of my finds will live up to my new name.

Scott.. Great finds. I held the birdie in my hands and the pic just doesn't come close to justice. It beats alot of my birds and I got some good ones. Lacks size but the quality is there. Hope u had a good digfest and hope to see u out again soon.

Bell cnty digger
Scott.. Great finds. I held the birdie in my hands and the pic just doesn't come close to justice. It beats alot of my birds and I got some good ones. Lacks size but the quality is there. Hope u had a good digfest and hope to see u out again soon.

Thanks, man. I will definitely be out there again soon. Maybe towards the end of the month. I will call and let you know. I am still after that perfect montell and I am not giving up, especially after getting that bird and that blade. See ya soon.

Scott Audilet
Here are some finds from yesterday. I found the big perd in two pieces. I found the base first and later that day I found the tip, but I didn't know it until I got home. I started looking at my finds and realized the two pieces fit, I guess it was my lucky day. If any one has some info on the blade please let me know. As now, I believe it is a williams blade (almost 5").

Just for an update on this blade, Dwain Rogers called it a pandora blade just as a general category since it cannot be associated with any specific point type. And I measured it to find out I was off on the "almost 5 inches" because it is actually 5-1/4" long. Maybe this will prove useful to someone with a similar blade.

i've had one he generalized myself.(plainview) catagory. and have the letter to prove it. its really cool when the experts actually have questions in thier own minds. i was hoping it would be an unfluted clovis.obviosly not but the doubt in the experts mind is good enough for me! browns valley is the closest thing i've ever compared it to. if you want to see the point i would gladly show it. but it is in the safety deposit box and i have never taken a pic of it.but dwain has and its on the paper.