Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Folsom point!

http://s1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb386/MelissaRp1/

Re: Folsom point!

Well, I don't know what I did wrong to not have the picture here, but will try to figure it out.

M, Thats not very convienient for viewing,,long as it's already on PB, why not paste ?

I could stand to see a Folsom...Most of these other posters just show Clovis & Plainviews

M, looks like our posts crossed slightly out of sync...
If it's on PB, your real close.

Folsom point

I apologize for all this posting. I have never done this before, but I found this arrowhead at McFaddin Beach in Sabine Pass,Texas. We went to the convention they had in Port Arthur Texas where Thomas Hester and Ellen Sue Turner, told me I had a great find. It is about 2 1/2-3 inches long and about a quarter inch thick. I loved how it is fluted all the way from the top to the bottom, with the small nipple on the base. I still cannot beleive it was whole. Just wanted to share my treasure.

Now that is a true find. Like hitting a jackpot. I'm still looking for my first Folsom. Heck, I'd be happy with a Plainview.

That point is in the top ten Paleo points I have ever seen. I cant remember seeing a real Folsom as nice as yours. I am thrilled you would share it. That bad boy is twice as old as the Pyramids of Egypt. Great find! Awesome find !

WOW, thats a nice point!!!

very awesome!!!!!!

Thank goodness you got the handle on posting

Points with a story associated are even more impressive, to have a piece of paleo America that is now lost underwater is divine

Tks very much for the show

A awesome, incredable find! Congrats!

i really did'nt know until this posting at how widely this point is found in the state of texas.but i looked in t@h's book and for such a coveted point that is rarely found now day's and time covers most of the state so i'm going to find one this weekend at the fest. yeah right ttthhhppppt.what a find congradulations.

I like to harp on your on your research Pat...The Pedernales may be the most common type point found in TX
BUT >>>>> The classic Clovis has been found in every corner of the State ( including offs**** ! )

Thats quite a fact considering how " thin " we are told the po****tion was at that time.

Dont get your hopes too high for one at the Digfest dig...all they ever find in that valley is Plainviews