Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
ENTIRE DIGFEST 10-10-10 RUSHES PICS

A record number of people camped out...a good one, note the beautiful canopy of stars on a moonless night.
"Cobbler Don " on the left, had a big iron cooking skillet of peach cobber...Good effort Don.....BUT my Mom would still get me hell for having desert before
the main dinner

Photobucket

One rather big letdown of the campout...the "band" did not go on stage, seems there may have been some tainted beverage in the aluminum cans and they couldn't find their ass with both hands .
Even pounding on the rooftop could not get Badger into gear in the morning ..took a pic through the window...isn't she a beauty

Photobucket

The digging day begins....The enthusiasm and pre planning was a sight to see...quite a number of digger started digging with miners head lamps and lanterns in the predawn time....I actually saw someone surface hunting.....WITH A FLASHLIGHT

Photobucket

Time really FLIES when your having a great time ...First thing we knew it was BBQ time ... ..

Photobucket

Now for DESERT... ....Some 45 seperate donations. Very first winner selected LunkerBrads' generous Gulf Coast Safari

Photobucket

Enough frivolity...back to work

Photobucket

End of a perfect day, now the clean up crew gets started..

Photobucket

The end

Re: ENTIRE DIGFEST 10-10-10 RUSHES PICS

Hey Hal,

Where's the pics of the finds from digfest? Can you email me the pics you got of my blade? I had a great time this weekend. It was good to finally meet some of you. I will be looking forward to the next one!

Finds ..I donno, Badger took my roll of film, she wanted the fun of doing the full report herself

Scott aka GeeTen
Hey Hal,

Where's the pics of the finds from digfest? Can you email me the pics you got of my blade? I had a great time this weekend. It was good to finally meet some of you. I will be looking forward to the next one!

i dont know if this helps but if you want the pics i took just click on the pic and transfer if you have photobucket.killer find!
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Hey Pat, thanks for the pics. I'm glad a could a get a copy of them. That is only the second blade I have ever found and my first one was about 2 weeks ago. I'm sure we will run into each other again. Hey maybe we should have digfest twice a year. Why wait a whole year to have fun!

Oh, just for an update, if anyone cares, my blade from Digfest is a Perd blade (ID from Dwain Rogers) and it is 4-5/16" long. Just a little FYI.

Scott aka GeeTen
Oh, just for an update, if anyone cares, my blade from Digfest is a Perd blade (ID from Dwain Rogers) and it is 4-5/16" long. Just a little FYI.

that in my book is as good as it gets. never had a doubt but from your first posting i can see why you had your doubts im sorry you had to go thru that. but you've got to know that is going to happen and you have to weed thru the b.s. yourself. keep posting!

that sure looks like Dwain Rogers eating lunch. That's a funny pic.