Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
4 ROY F

Thankyou very much for the homemade jellies gift..

Photobucket

I'm not going to dilute the flavor with peanut butter !

Photobucket

It wont last long..

Photobucket

I never heard of "MUSCADINE "...is it poisonous ?

Re: 4 ROY F

hey hal
the muscadine is a wild grape grown all over the u.s.
i have ten gallons of wine fermenting aswell

roy
hey hal
the muscadine is a wild grape grown all over the u.s.
i have ten gallons of wine fermenting aswell

TEN GALLONS OF LIGHTNING and ALL I got was a jar of jam ??

Now that you describe it as the wild grape of TX...thats the same grape Badger made some jam out of back in July....her final word...
NEVER AGAIN

We got 'em down here, call them mustang grapes. Real high acid content. Sure work wonders on bare skin while picking them, that and the yellowjackets hiding in the vines. I tried to make wine one time with them, didn't work out but I did end up with five gallons of vinegar.

Vinegar sounds like a good description of the Jelly Badger made up. I suppose the Indians mixed a huge
amount of sugar with the grapes to make up their preserves..another possibility ( that I used ),,,
spread the peanut butter on T H I C K

For sour wine, I guess they could drop in one of those worms

That stuff I made could take the paint off a barn door. For all the work and wasp stings that I got picking and fermenting them, I decided it would be cheaper just to buy wine and vinegar at the store. That stuff did a good job of frosting the 5 gallon glass bottles I had it in.