Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
DIGFEST 8 9 10 11

Next years' Digfest date has already been set;;

8 & 9 OCTOBER 2011

Digfest is now officially TWO days. Opening on a Saturday and including camping was a big success.

Still 20 bucks for all day Saturday, 40 on Sunday

Re: DIGFEST 8 9 10 11

ok sign me up

lunkerbrad
heck i bet this weekend will be pack . still lots of dirt to sift.

What is normal rate for sifting? Are they still doing the $20 per bucket thing?

GeeTen
lunkerbrad
heck i bet this weekend will be pack . still lots of dirt to sift.

What is normal rate for sifting? Are they still doing the $20 per bucket thing?

Call Richard direct re screening, he WILL organise a dig if enough people sign up.

PS Gee, I dug 5 feet farther in from where you found the blade...You missed nothing...ZIP

This post brought up to show Digfest date for an anxious digger

Note Travis #1's idle threat

Assume this will take place at CCC?

thanks hal that far out ill deffinatly be off.

SH
Next years' Digfest date has already been set;;

8 & 9 OCTOBER 2011

Digfest is now officially TWO days. Opening on a Saturday and including camping was a big success.

Still 20 bucks for all day Saturday, 40 on Sunday

sign me up hal, I have surely been missing you folks...

DIGG DUGG WILL ATTEND

Tony (aka The Bud Man)
Assume this will take place at CCC?

Yes, Richard says there is no problem finding a new productive area. With a giant backhoe and dump trucks there is no problem exposing areas that hand diggers never dreamed of.

Arrive Friday and /or Saturdy. Camp til Sunday.

ill be there both days

Bridgett and I will be there both days as well.

Good news, the Fredricksburg flint show is the next weekend after digfest...Just right to buy more display
frames and reference books

I just talked to Richard & Mary Chrisner yesterday.

Digfest 11 plans have started rolling, new banners have been ordered, catering & support staff are signed on.

Front entry unchanged from last years except that the metal work could use a new coat of blue ( and the "grass" a coat of green )

Photobucket

Camping area. At this time last year the grass and thistle bushes were 3 feet high an Richard had to mow
the whole area.

Photobucket

This year's dig area could be very interesting ( and
productive )....BIG HOLE is the site name, it's the very first camp that the Chrisners opened years ago.
Everyone would remember the garage wall pics of the diggers all around an island working to the middle.

Photobucket

Once the island was gone they moved onto TOP CAMP.
The plan is to doze a clean wall where the original digging stopped. It's the same expanding dig around a camp that TJ just did so successfully at the old
Palmer site.
Easy digging ...NO cement !
This pic shows some of the original finds

Photobucket

Dead cow is probably on the menu again for a real Texas BBQ But ....if Mary could part with some of her pets..some pate de Guinee hen under glass would be a
gourmet's delight

Photobucket

The Digfest, big hole site open for digging Sunday morn early ( number 4 on the ranch map )
Arrive Saturday dig ( anywhere but big hole ) / surface / camp $20 per person.
Digfest Sunday $40.00 per person. KEEP THE ENTRY STUB
it's your claim ticket for the prize drawings.

In the front page Digfest info is a ' click on ' to see a property map,( just above the prize list ) # 4
is the digfest location

Saturday diggers...a clean wall has been made farther down along the creek past last years digfest zone.
See # 8 on the map

Photobucket

Dont bother digging in front of the paleo shelter...
another digger is down 15 feet...

Photobucket

And still going

When is Michelle opening the sign up list?
I will be there.
haven't been to CCC in about 2 or 3 months. Can't wait to start slinging some dirt.

eric
When is Michelle opening the sign up list?

Now see what you did eric ...She put up the whole smear

PROGRESS REPORT SEPTEMBER 15 2011

THE SIGNS ARE UP

Photobucket

Therre's a huge amount of work needed to reopen the' big hole' site.
This view is facing the creek showing the new wall

Photobucket

Richard contracted with a reknown Bell country digger to check the progress to date and evaluate the
hardness of the soil. Thats the wall in back of him that we just saw in the previous pic )

Photobucket

OHMYGOSH ..a piece of flint sticking out of the wall !

Photobucket

Photobucket

A complete ENSOR...the first official point of the Digfest '11 big hole site

Photobucket

Looking to the big hill, creek to photog's back, base will be cleaned off.

Photobucket

The professor judged the hill 'test' slice to be easy digging the dark soil and the lowest compacted soil
difficult. ( flint flake finds in the lowest level will determine how deep it must be dug, )

Photobucket

Walking out, more flint flakes were seen in the wall

Photobucket

Small and humble but a good sign...2 feet and a piece of bone

Photobucket

Disregard the following panoramic clips...it's only for Badger to get her brain oriented to location.

Badger, You dug with White shirt right there in the middle a few years ago and found THREE points. The 'big hole' is on the right

Photobucket

Going right, pretty much looking up that beautiful cut leading to the 'rock pile ' camp site.

Photobucket

Right of last pic

Photobucket

The vehicle is parked at the base of the entry road and the far limit of the new dig area.

Photobucket

Plenty of room for all, No digging til Oct 9 2011

oh man he just found the point I was supposed to find in that wall. its ok I never find much , I come for the BBQ anyway lol . the list is small we need another hundred or two people regestered to go to digfest . oh by the way we got a real good rain here in Lubbock , I sure hope we get some down around you guys !

jerry
oh man he just found the point I was supposed to find in that wall. its ok I never find much , I come for the BBQ anyway lol . the list is small we need another hundred or two people regestered to go to digfest . oh by the way we got a real good rain here in Lubbock , I sure hope we get some down around you guys !

Seasons' defininitly changed, going to be interesting to see what WX for digfest weekend after so much dry.
At this point in time we're slightly ahead on Camping signups. Chrisners have a seperate list of people that sign up when they are out there digging. Badger maintains another list of people that sign in to her direct. The main reason for signup somewhere is just to get the food order right.
It's going to make an interesting picture opurtunity...
there's that original pic of the diggers eating the inside of the donut hole in 1999, now a decade later we will have a pic of diggers eating the icing off the outside of the donut.

No telling if that first point would still have been there for somebody else in case Richard scraped by it
again. Lets think of it as a good omen that GeeTen saved it from oblivion.

Still, to even up the score, I suggest that we tie one of his hands behind his back for the first hour of the dig

lmao , no way Hal , we are not tieing his hands up , that there lil pic of the point he found in the wall , well that just made my flint itch get stronger, but I want his email . I need to send a secret messege to him , one that no one knows im gonna send , ask him to put an X on the spot I should be digging in lol !

He'll never tell, not even under pressure.
Best deal might be to watch him close opening dig morn and get right on his elbow
( and hope the other 50 diggers dont have the same idea )

Badger now signed off on the big hole site

Photobucket

SH
In the front page Digfest info is a ' click on ' to see a property map,( just above the prize list ) # 4
is the digfest location

Saturday diggers...a clean wall has been made farther down along the creek past last years digfest zone.
See # 8 on the map

Photobucket

Dont bother digging in front of the paleo shelter...
another digger is down 15 feet...

Photobucket

And still going

Dont dig in front of the paleo shelter?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I did alright in that deep hole

Flo-town digger

Dont dig in front of the paleo shelter?

I did alright in that deep hole

Thats great Paleo is tops
As an idea of how many pieces would be in a hole that size...how many on your crew ?

Attention Saturday digfest diggers, this area is open for anyone to dig, that whole valley has to be removed.

The digfest 'big hole' site is just about finished

Photobucket

L side of main wall

Photobucket

R side same wall

Photobucket

Hillside clearing ( there is another small section out of the pic on the L )

Photobucket

There's plenty of room for all, just dont claim too much property L to R, concentrate on straight in.
Get that dirt well behind you.
How deep ?? your standing on the depth gauge, thats the level the other diggers took out.

The 10 day WX forecast now out for Moody TX ( on WEATHER.COM)
Partly cloudy 90*/60* for Sunday the 9th.
Scattered thunderstorms listed for Saturday the 8th.
10 days out is a long way out for " scattered" rain predicting. Tis the season in TX, recent rain patterns
have been REALLY scattered..at least it does not indicate a major system that would be non stop rain

Just returned from a last visit to C3 before the weekend.
Spyder has been patroling the edge of where the minefield surrounds the Big Hole.

Photobucket

I cut landscaping plastic into strips and draped them over the edge of about 150 feet of the prime dig wall, just
to have a good dry start place.

Photobucket

COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME ...latest WX report ...GREAT....practically still a drought ( not great now
but time to get deluged after Digfest wkend.)

The banner is up on the front gate.
'
Checkin at the garage. If not paying for SUNDAY on Sat...you must register / pay at the garage EARLY
Sunday morn.
I picked a few pebbles off the road today, city vehicles ( like my one wheel drive van ) best use
the road that starts on the RIGHT of the barn

DONOT PARK IN THE BIG HOLE BOWL...park anywhere else just leave a clear out lane.

It's going to be very cloudy ( and cool ) and a 70% chance of no rain at all both days....
Mary Chrisner told me she had a call this morning from woman signing up with her husband...
she said " RAIN OR SHINE, WE'LL BE THERE " ..
Good positive attitude

Photobucket

One sure sign it's on..
The portapotties are being delivered Friday