Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
My best find so far... Nice Knife !

This one slid out and hit me in the shin last week. So far this is mt best find ever. Enjoy!

Photobucket
I belive it to be an Archaic Knife possibly a Friday.

Re: My best find so far... Nice Knife !

That's one fine looking Friday blade you have there Kris. Thanks for showing it.

what part of texas are you finding this stuff ?

Hi Rick, This was found in Williamson County. North of the San Gabrial River N. 3 FT down.

Super blade. Thanks for sharing. Nice Pics.

3 Nice Knifes

The Friday pic sure shows up the secondary edge flaking nicely...beautiful find. Sounds like a rich site if the flint can hit you jumping out...snake boots help ?

Are Kris & Tom digging buddies ? or is it just a big coincidence that they are both coin collectors ( with the same date ? )

Good blade show T

No Hal, I don't know Tom. He apparently reached into my Photo Bucket and pulled out my most recent trade. I got those Three Knives in a trade for my project car that had been sitting in my back yard for 5 years. I guess I should put a lock on my photo bucket account... I don't mind sharing and I got nothin to hide but it probably should have been me who put the pict of my knives up Anyway thanks for speedin up my post Tom. I'm going creekin.

wow that has to be a shocker to look up and see recently required blades and not be the one to post it. no wonder michelle has to air on the skeptical side of things. who can blame her when it is just that easy to undermine another persons stuff,(for lack of a better term).at least i had the consideration to change the color of the golden mono to platinum when i stole a pic from photo bucket.

Huh!

Someone snatching pictures from your bucket ??

Now THAT reminds me of a OLD post here .. REMEMBER when someone posted their "BEST FIND EVER" and it was a point from FL I believe, made from Coral??

About a week after it was on my FRONT PAGE .. The REAL owner of the point EMAILED me and told me that it was HIS arrowhead and directed me to HIS website.. where the SAME picture was! Bahah!!!!

THis little dork went googling and found a point and copied the picture off the other site and poted it as his! I even had it on the front page!!

Too funny that the OWNER of the point was a fan of my website and busted him!!!!!!!!!

Now THAT was some funny stuff!!!!!!!!

I think Tom was just bragging on my stuff... He didn't claim it to be his... he just forgot to include on his reply that the pict. he was posting was of my stones. No harm, no foul, all of my photo bucket collection is still available for public view. On a side note I found a killer camp today creekin. This one is off the S. San Gabrial, I'm gonna call it Camp NUTUMI. (Nu-Tu-Me) Not sure how old yet, but it is big and only a little of previous diggin. So I am stoked
Many Thanks for keepin up this site Michelle. I sure do like lookin at the pretty sharp rocks ! It would'nt be possible without ya!

Brought forward 11-13-11 for reference.

Its not a Friday and its not a preform......its a whole lot better than either....and older.

wow Hal, good eyes!

I've never heard of someone hijacking someone's pictures before? Nice find by the way!

Re: wow Hal, good eyes!

Hey Hal,

Thanks for the Re-post.. Funny how fast time flys. I was in Mexico last week and one of our pay diggers pulled this out about 40 feet from where that pretty white (not really a Friday) came from... I didn't think it was a Friday more like Kinney... Still not sure but it's still my best find so far.
Photobucket
3 inch perfect Bulverde ?

Does your "Not a Friday" have a ground base ?

Hey Redman,

This stone has a smooth ground finish on the inside of the concave base but the outsides at the base don't have much grinding. They are not ground smooth like I have seen on other stones. I found another base about 50 feet away alittle futher down in the ground as well as farther down the drain toward the creek. It is well ground on the out side edges and the base is concave. I don't think It's Clovis anymore but it is Paleo. I posted it here, Post named " Clovis at Libertyhill" I think. Here is a shot of the smooth side. What Do you think it is ?
Photobucket

Beautiful points rightfully on a royal purple backround.

If getting old 'Friday' points properly ID'ed, pls give me the word on mine thats been hanging on the wall all
these yrs under false pretenses.

Photobucket

Not Sure they are the same animal Hal ? First of all yours is a lot sharper I cant see the base on yours very good. Hers's a couple better picts of mine now that I'm home.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Plainview

redman
Plainview

GREAT ....I'll have to look through the rest of the blades still in a bucket.
K, Yours looks similar, the blunter point just means that your man was rougher on his tools

Thanks Redman ! If it is Plainview it is bigger than anything in Overstreets 11th. It is 4 and 3/8 inches.
I'll have to send some photos to the guy's making overstreets 13th. Another 5 and 1/2 Inch Cibolo was found about 100 feet away. I'm on my way to the mound to open a wall of flint. Happy Hunting.