Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
MY LAST TWO WEEKENDS' NUECES RIVER FINDS

Re: MY LAST TWO WEEKENDS' NUECES RIVER FINDS

HEY ROLAND ,SWEET LOOKING MARCOS. GOOD LINES, KEEP DIGGING

cool.

Awesome finds Roland. The Marcos is killer. That one in the middle looks curiously like a broken 7 inch corner tang stubby. Ha ! Well, maybe? I will be out to visit soon. Great pics.

love the engraver. nice finds. looks like a williams to me.

HEY PAT I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT ON WILLIAMS,THANKS

Castroville

It only takes one to make your whole day. ( and keep you looking for more of the same ) Very nice.

I vote very classic example of the Williams family.

Re: MY LAST DAY AT NUECES RIVER ,FINDS

I paid a call on Rolands' hand dig Friday after noon to checkout the latest finds reports !

I started digging in my "usual" area where Gman found the cinematic Kinney....ZIP....not even a flint flake...I said " this is wrong"
I never dug on the otherside of the driveway so I moved to the deepest undercut country you have ever seen....

I laboriously cleaned out the hole in the direction of the road....Nothing....

Photobucket

Well I managed to make the overhang MUCH bigger...
On one of my brief visits to the surface I heard this "flapping " sound. Looking up into that big tree by the parking area..

Photobucket

BUZZARDS --WAITING FOR THE KILL..( overhang avalanch )

Photobucket

I moved to the overhang going towards the gate. As is typical of anybody laboriously digging all day..
the last digger kept going shallower and shallower...I cleaned the area and went about a foot deeper... BINGO..

Photobucket

Nice fat knife. Even before the find, I recognised a very identifiable level with loads of scattered flint flakes...I started saving the Flakes so I could get an idea of " activity" at that area..

Photobucket

Time to show the finds to my buddies in the river..

Photobucket

Here's 8 worked pieces plus all the larger flakes. My best find I consider to be the ANGOSTURA lower half,thats a nice old age

Photobucket

End of the day, I'm out of daylight ! Motel 18, the full moon next to the big Owl tree is perfect for a flint " moon shot"

Photobucket

Unfortunatly I had not yet found the flint

hal,you count like i do cause i only conted 7 bottom pieces. everything IS bigger in texas. nice finds and report.

**** P, just cause you screweed up the acreage, you wanna make life difficult for everybody !

But you are correct...there was a broken tip left in the bag...I found it after the graduation pic and figured " nobody will notice "

Sorry

R, Just got your phn mssg about finding a base Tang right where I was digging

Doesn't surprise me at all....people have reported finding neat points in my digs for years

Show me the pic