Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Burnet County Creek Finds 10-17-10

Here are some brokes and a complete one I got from digging in a creek bottom close to the Lampasas River. Glad I stopped to check it out because I dug up on top
almost all day and didn't find a thing. I found all of these in about 30 minutes before I left.

Can some please help me identify this complete one? The blade portion is torqued and the stem is straight.

Here is a view looking from the tip.

Re: Burnet County Creek Finds 10-17-10

A Perd by the knapper having a bad torque day ?
The broken lower one might be the prize winner - that base looks a bit like a HARDIN...very old and indicating how long it is possible that points have accumulated in that area.

Sounds like you might have discovered the BOTTOM of the iceberg Thats a LOT of worked pieces for anybodys hand digging. I suggest you treat that bottomland just like campground and dig it all out ( To bedrock )

PS: You might want to reserve posting space for finds

Re: Burnet County Creek Finds 10-17-10

Hey Hal, my initial thought was a perd too because of the base, but taking the torqued end of it into consideration, I was wondering if it may be a reworked Pandale. Any thoughts on this?